cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

narrow/wide angle webcam

gvm
Listener

I notice during meetings my webcam seems to switch between wide angle and less-wide angle views of me. How does this happen? Is it possible for me to control the angle that is being relayed to other meeting attendees?

My webcam is integrated in my Phillips 326P monitor and it does not provide any option to choose the angle of the webcam.

TIA .... Greg 

5 REPLIES 5

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @gvm 

Try going into your Settings in Zoom, then the Video tab. Try enabling HD and Original Ratio under your video preview.

Please post here with any change. 

gvm
Listener

Thanks Rupert, both settings were unchecked. If I check 'original ratio' the image changes from widescreen to 3:4. If I check 'HD" the image angle becomes wider. Checking/unchecking 'original ratio' whilst HD is checked makes no difference.

So it seems the symptoms I see are explained by zoom changing the HD setting midflight. Yes? If so, is that a bug, since I prefer the narrower-angle image? What do you think please?

TIA ... Greg

JoSaMa
Listener

Hi GVM,

Did you ever figure out how to fix this issue. I have the same problem and it's became an obsession to get it right.

Not really. Now I know how to control the view during sessions but the fact you can't set and forget seems like a software bug to me ....

I have this same problem and it's driving me nuts. For me it seems to happen when another participant joins. It's as if my settings are overridden by their settings - HD, original ratio etc. No matter what I tweak the settings revert to settings I don't want if another person is on the call. It's very frustrating.