my profile photo does not show up when I join a zoom meeting

homeira7
Listener

my profile photo does not show up when i join a zoom meeting

24 REPLIES 24

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @homeira7, either the Host or you may have this setting enabled.. double-check the setting, “Hide participant profile pictures in a meeting”. Located in the Zoom Web Portal, Settings ➡️ Meeting  ➡️ under “In Meeting (Basic)”, and disable Hide participant profile pictures in a meeting. Let me know if this helps! If so, don't forget to Accept as Solution! Thanks! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

My profile photo stopped showing since the latest update.  Hide participant profile was already disabled.  I don't see a way to get the photo to show.  It still shows up in my profile.

This is also my exact problem!

ok

It was already disabled, so this is not the problem.

I will ask my hosts to disable on their Zoom Web Portal and see if that allows my profile photo to show when I join their meetings, as mine is already disabled. Then I'll let you know. Thanks. 

yea finally fixed this issue!!!!  Thank you

the host knows i have an issue but she does not know how to correct it.  can i go into a Zoom meeting Zoom Web Portal, Settings Meeting  under “In Meeting (Basic)”, and disable Hide participant profile pictures in a meeting.  or would you work with me on this?

this does not solve the problem, this is very frustrating!

emilyhopkins
Listener

Thanks, I changed this sstting and hope it will work in my next meeting.

OneDave
Listener

I checked the setting RN suggested and found that it is not set for me.

I usually get into a meeting by clicking on a zoom link in the invitation email I get.  I've noticed that some participants have a photo that shows when they have their video set to off.  However, other participants just see a blank box with my name in it when my video is off.  I wonder how to get a static photo?  My web-based zoom account has a profile picture set up, which I see when I sign in and look at my profile, but it does not show up in the above scenario.

Thanks!

Dave

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Now that you've confirmed you have a profile picture set, you need to make sure you are signed-in on the desktop client. Open the Zoom app,  click the sign-in option, then use your same login info as the website. 

If you're already logged in, sign out of the desktop app and then back in. That will force the app to since your profile info and download that picture. 

Thank you. I'll try that when I meet next.  Appreciated

This did not fix the issue for me either. What other options do we have?

Mine has not shown up since the latest Zoom update.

deboarahbeck
Listener

My  photo has also stopped showing up  without my changing anything after working  perfectly.

1.  Open Zoom

2.  SIGN IN TO ZOOM

3.  Join a meeting only after signing in to Zoom

But that's kind of a pain - I'm in so many zoom mtgs each week! How would I simultaneously sign in to my zoom account for each one and then click the link in the email from the host?

thuang
Listener

Hi, I have uploaded profile pictures to all of the employees of my company but when I try to invite them while already in a meeting, most of the employees are missing their profile picture(shown in the attached photo). I have verified that they have the setting of “Hide participant profile pictures in a meeting” disabled and one user in particular keeps on losing their profile picture even though I have uploaded it multiple times.  I have signed out and signed back in but they are still missing their photo. Is there any way for me to fix this? 

Hi Thuang, You had messaged me awhile ago when I said mine was fixed. I now find that it only works sometimes. It does work when  I log into Zoom and click on the link from my account but if I am not the host, that doesn't work. I sure wish this could be fixed as it seems like many ppl have this issue. Good luck.

4Joanne2
Listener

that's correct, what do i do to add my profile photo?

4Joanne2
Listener

you're not solving my problem, you're just confusing the issue.

willjoe2442
Participant

If your profile picture does not appear, you may need to add a profile picture to your Zoom account. When you add a profile picture for Zoom through the web portal, any changes made will reflect across devices where your Zoom account is signed in. If changes aren't reflected, you may need to sign out and sign back in.

Regards,

Diana

rachelrootbeer
Listener

I didn't have a photo, so I added one in my profile settings. Then I had a static photo when I joined in Zoom meetings via an email link. Now, for a few weeks, I do not have a photo again even though my settings have not changed. It's the same meeting host I have consistently so I would say that's not the issue. Especially since other attendees have static photos. I do join in from a two different computers but its always my account. It would be really nice to have a photo!