cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my internet was disconnected during a recording conversion

sutantogf
Listener

While my computer was still converting a recording of my meeting, my internet got disconnected. Can I still recover my recording? If it is possible, how to do it? I have tried using zTscode to no avail. Can somebody help?

7 REPLIES 7

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @sutantogf! If you open the Zoom desktop client and click Meetings > Recorded, do you see your recording there? 

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Lau_ra
Listener

@Bri is it possible to get a recording if internet got lost? It is nowhere in recordings. 

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Lau_ra , if it was a cloud recording, you should be able to retrieve it. Do you remember how you recorded it? 

Bri
Zoom Community Team

I pressed "record on computer" .So far I ve got only 15 minutes of meeting where i joined in again . 😞 

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

I'm sorry, but that is expected behavior for local recordings. I would recommend looking into cloud recordings in the future to prevent this from happening. Here is a more detailed explanation of our cloud recording capability: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203741855-Starting-a-cloud-recording

Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Bri
Zoom Community Team

Many thanks zoom community. I got the problem solved not long after my posting in the community space. Please allow me to share what I did.

FIrst of all my recording was made on my computer. Ideally there should be a file called double_click_to_convert_01 in my zoom folder, which would produce my recording if I double click it. Since the conversion process was interrupted when my internet connection got cut off, this file was not in my zoom folder.

Finally what I did was, I created another zoom meeting and recorded it in my computer. After the meeting was completed, I did not convert the meeting straight away. Instead I tried to manually recover my recordings from zoom website. Soon after, I noticed double_click_to_convert_01 appeared in my zoom folder, that was previously non existent. After I double click the file, my recordings were saved. So it seems zoom tried to recover all previously not-yet-finished recording

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

That's wonderful! Thank you for sharing an update @sutantogf 💙

Bri
Zoom Community Team