cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my computer is causing an echo

1224a
Listener

Whether I am in meetings or my own webinars, my computer is causing an echo for all participants .  Although I cannot hear it.  I do not have any phones or speakers near my computer.  Can't figure out how the echo is being caused.

12 REPLIES 12

rarego1213
Listener

I have the same problem.   It did not exist before.  It only happens if I am unmuted and someone else is talking.  Everyone else hears the echo but I don't.

JEllen1
Listener

I also have the exact same problem.  It just started last week after years of using Zoom for the same purpose, under the same circumstances.  

rarego1213
Listener

In the upper left hand corner of your Zoom window, check that the Original Sound is turned Off.   Mine was On. 

Also in the same window, but in the lower left hand corner, click on the Up Arrow next to the Mute (Microphone) icon.   Select Audio settings and scroll down to Music and Professional Audio.   Ensure that the Echo Cancellation box is checked.  Let me know if this works for you.   It worked for me. 

Thank you. I have turned my original sound off. However, I'll have to wait for a zoom meeting to see if I am still causing an echo. I hope this does the trick. It began when I began using a new computer.

In addition to turning off your Original Sound, don't forget the second part of my reply above - Also in the same window, but in the lower left hand corner, click on the Up Arrow next to the Mute (Microphone) icon.   Select Audio settings and scroll down to Music and Professional Audio.   Ensure that the Echo Cancellation box is checked.  Let me know if this works for you.   It worked for me. 

This solved my perplexing problem, thanks very much!

That solution worked! Thank you so very much.

It worked! thank you very much.

You are very welcome.

I don't have "Original Sound" or "echo cancellation" under Music and Professional windows on my zoom window. Has the window options changed since the date this was posted?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @JEllen1 @1224a was rarego1213's response helpful? If so, just don't forget to click that 'Accept as Solution' button; otherwise I can assist with your echo issue and encourage looking into our KB on Managing audio echo in a meeting 

Hope this helps!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

KateSullivan
Listener

Is this problem occurring when you use the Zoom desktop or the 'launch from browser' option? Thanks.