cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mute some participants, but not all

jac
Listener

Is it possible to set up a meeting so some participants can mute and unmute themselves (or I can do that as host); but others MUST stay muted?  I have a committee that I want to be able to interact on Zoom, but many in audience that are "listen only"

3 REPLIES 3

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @jac 

Unfortunately, it's not possible to have that fine control of muting permissions in a meeting. Webinars would allow that distinction through panelists and normal attendees. 

Hi Bort, I have a small business that needs the capability of letting paid members to my meetings participate with voice and that unpaid members do not have this capability. Likely number of attendees is 10 to 100. I have a Zoom meetings account. How can I make that work?

Bort

Hi @countmecurious 

Unfortunately, there is no simple way to handle this in Zoom Meetings directly, but I can offer a couple of workarounds: 

• Use Zoom Webinars instead, which would allow you to invite your paid members as Panelists (with free use of video and audio) and the unpaid members as normal attendees (with only the ability to see and hear the panelists, but not unmute themselves or turn on their videos). 
  • Invite the paid members to the meeting and live stream the session to Facebook or Youtube for the unpaid members, so they can only view and hear the session. 

Hope that helps, but let me know if you have any further questions.