cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

music is distorted - please help!

brumz14
Listener

Hey Guys & Girls

We teach fitness classes via zoom and for some uknown reason our music is coming through distorted - it sounds like its under water. Im wondering if anyone else has experienced this os knows how to troubleshoot?

Greatly appreciate your feedback in advance!!

Dave

3 REPLIES 3

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello Dave, 
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! A couple things that I would check on this one. Make sure that your audio settings are where you want them to be. You can check this by going to the cogwheel in the Zoom Desktop Application, or while in meeting by clicking on the microphone carrot (^) and clicking on settings. You can adjust the audio suppresion settings. I would also make sure that your audio device drivers are up to date. Zoom uses aggressive suppression algorithms to ensure that outside distractions like children crying and lawnmowers do not take away from the users experience. The only other thing that I can think of is to check and make sure that you are sharing your sound in the meeting by clicking share > and in the bottom left hand corner click on share sound > make sure that video optimization is not selected unless you are playing a video and want sound from your operating system to come through to the participants in your meetings. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

lanasherger
Listener

I am having a similar problem.  Wonder if you have resolved ?  Could use and would appreciate any tips you have.

Tbaydancer
Listener

Hello Dave,

I was having this issue as well. I just figured out that you need to have the original sound for musicians toggled to "on" top left corner of the Zoom screen. This disables the noise suppression and allows the music to come through properly.