cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

music from Spotify no longer being heard from participants. solved...just have to set to "musician"

rider
Listener

I use Zoom to teach senior fitness classes. I use my MacBook for the camera and mic and I hook it up with an HDMI cord to my big screen tv so I can see a larger screen. Then, when I play music with Spotify on. my laptop, the sound comes through my tv and my participants can hear me talk and the music as well. 

All of a sudden, they can hear me, but NO music at all! So I decided to play music with my phone sitting next to the laptop, and they couldn't hear that either. But they can still hear ME loud and clear! Finally, I took my phone, playing the music as loud as possible with me and put it next to my mouth.  When I talked, they could hear me, but no music. What the heck?? Can Zoom possibly be able to filter out any music and just allow voices on audio to be heard by participants?????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HKomine
Listener

On the audio settings of the latest Zoom app, you might want to look at Settings - Audio - Audio Profile.

You probably want to choose the Original Sound option or Live Performance audio option and see if that improves it.  I recently hosted a Webinar and had to change that setting so I can "sing" into the mic without it cutting off.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

HKomine
Listener

On the audio settings of the latest Zoom app, you might want to look at Settings - Audio - Audio Profile.

You probably want to choose the Original Sound option or Live Performance audio option and see if that improves it.  I recently hosted a Webinar and had to change that setting so I can "sing" into the mic without it cutting off.

SG50
Listener

I was so glad to see other people are having the same issues and it's not just me.. I also teach senior fitness online and this morning suddenly NO music although my voice could be heard clearly. So frustrating!!

Is this the end of online dance/ fitness/ music classes????

I did solve it...you need to change the setting in "audio" to "live musician" so it doesn't  block the music. It's a pain, but I have to make sure it is on that setting EVERY class, because otherwise it toggles to off.  Good luck!

MaksimDranko
Listener

If you are a Mac user, then make sure that the "Voice Isolation" setting is disabled. The enabled setting greatly cuts the outgoing sound when broadcasting audio during the event.

Если вы пользователь Мак, то проверьте, что отключена настройка "Изоляция голоса". Включенная настройка сильно режет исходящий звук при трансляции аудио во время проведения мероприятия. 

SCR-20230613-jrj.png

David332
Listener

It's uncommon for Zoom to filter out music while transmitting audio, but the issue you describe may be due to settings or configurations. First, check Zoom's audio settings to ensure your microphone and speaker settings are correctly configured. Make sure "Original Sound" is enabled for higher audio quality. Ensure that your MacBook's microphone and external speakers are correctly selected in both Zoom and your system preferences. Also, confirm that your microphone captures both your voice and the music. If the problem persists, consider testing with a different app and ensuring your Zoom software is up to date. If all else fails, reach out to Zoom support for further assistance.