cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple 1:1 at the same time

bast1n
Listener
Hi,

I have a question. I would like to do something with my students, which would be in the same meeting to do several 1:1's and that I walk from student to student every 5 minutes. Do you think this is possible?
Best,

Bastien.
4 REPLIES 4

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

This won't be possible, as you will still be limited by Zoom's concurrent meeting limitation. I would suggest using breakout rooms, which will allow you to still have 1:1s with your students and move from room to room every 5 minutes, all within a single meeting. This will make scheduling and inviting your students much easier (1 meeting to manage). 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

EddiePAEK

Hi @bast1n 

Why don't you use breakout room? You can make one breakout room, then invite your student one by one every 5 minutes.

Cheers!

I did not know about breakout rooms. But I want to breakout before they enter and that each enter in a different room. Is that possible ? Also, is breakout available on free plan ?

Cheers,

Bastien.

EddiePAEK

Hi @bast1n 
Yes, basic free plan also can use breakout room.
See more, https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206476093-Enabling-breakout-rooms

Also, " I want to breakout before they enter and that each enter in a different room. "
See, https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360032752671 (Pre-assigning participants to breakout rooms)

How to pre-assign participants to breakout rooms using the web portal

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. Click Meetings and schedule a meeting.
  3. In the Meeting Options section, select Breakout Room pre-assign and click Create Rooms.
  4. Click the plus button beside Rooms to add more breakout rooms.
  5. Hover over the default breakout room name in the right panel and click the pencil button to rename it.
  6. In the Add participants text box, search for internal participants by name or email address, or manually enter the email address of external users, and then press Enter to to add them to the breakout room. 
  7. (Optional) Use these options to edit your breakout rooms and participants:
    • Click and drag a participant's email address to change the order.
    • Hover over a participant's name to see options to move them to another room or remove them from the current room.
    • To delete a breakout room, hover the room name in the left panel and click the trash icon . 
  8. Click Save.

Cheers,