cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving cloud recordings to dropbox?

jamey
Listener

How do I move my recordings from Zoom cloud storage to my Dropbox?

23 REPLIES 23

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @jamey, great question! This KB article from Dropbox might help you, "Automatically copy Zoom cloud recordings to Dropbox"

To save you some reading and clicks 😄

To automatically copy Zoom cloud recordings to Dropbox:

1. Sign in to dropbox.com.
  2. Click your avatar (profile picture or face icon) in the upper-right corner.
  3. Click Settings.
  4. Click the Connected apps tab.
  5. Click Zoom.
  6. Click Edit settings for Zoom.
  7. Check the box next to Copy Zoom cloud recordings to Dropbox.
  8. Click Update.

Just take note of what copies and what doesn't copy! Hope this helps! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

We have added the  zoom as a connected app

Checked the box next to Copy Zoom cloud recordings to Dropbox.

Clicked Update.

we have three cloud recordings now on zoom made before we connected the zoom app to dropbox.
they have not been transferred.

Are there more steps to get them to transfer?
DO only new recordings get transferred?
what do we do with the previous recordings made before the app connection?

How do you MANUALLY copy the zoom recordings please? 

I set up automatic copy to Dropbox and it works great.

However, all recording are now saved twice: both on Zoom Cloud and into Dropbox.

Can you skip saving them to Zoom Cloud and save them to Dropbox only?

Or alternatively, can I automatically delete them from Zoom Cloud after they are copied to Dropbox?

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

The DropBox process copies from the Zoom Cloud, @borski, so they MUST go to Zoom Cloud.  If they don't, DropBox doesn't have anything to copy! 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Makes sense, thanks Ray.

Is there a way to automatically delete them from Zoom Cloud after they are copied to Dropbox?

Ray_Harwood

@borski, not automatically after copying, no. But you can set them up to be deleted within a certain number of days in Personal->Settings->Recording:

Ray_Harwood_0-1706835446431.png

There’s are several options to choose from, up to 120 days. 

If you want any Zoom Cloud Recordings to be available longer than whatever number of days you set, you’ll have to turn this feature off. Also be aware that on occasion Dropbox fails to make a full copy. If your recordings are important, you’ll want to follow up on these to ensure they’re not lost. 

Amazing - exactly what I needed. Thank you!

SandieAshing
Listener

From deeper research I see that recordings made to cloud BEFORE connecting zoom to dropbox are not copied.
So I guess they need to be done manually?

T8264
Listener

Friends, Has anyone identified a way to move/transfer recordings in zoom, that were made prior to connecting zoom and dropbox? Or is it our understanding that it need to be manually downloaded from zoom and then manually uploaded to dropbox?

Thanks in advance.

Ray_Harwood

Hey, everyone!  I see that this thread still has an outstanding question of "how to manually copy Zoom Cloud recordings".

First, here's the Zoom Support article that has some details... some of it technical, but worth looking at:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/205347605-Managing-and-sharing-cloud-recordings 

Downloading Zoom Cloud Recordings to your computer is pretty easy:

• Log on to your account at https://zoom.us from your browser
  • View your recordings, either from the Personal -> Recordings tabs, or this link: https://zoom.us/recording
  • Locate the "Topic" of the Meeting or Webinar you want to download.
  • Click the ellipsis ... menu button.
  • Click the Download item in the menu that appear.
  • All files will be downloaded to your device.  The location where these end up are dependent on your browser; once downloaded, you can move them to wherever you like.  If you want them to be uploaded to your cloud service, move it to your cloud service's local folder on your device, and let your cloud service do the work of moving it to the cloud.

Ray_Harwood_0-1662142024181.png

AllSafeIT
Listener

Has anyone found a way to automate the moving of old zoom recordings to Dropbox or any other cloud platform?

Downloading and uploading 4TB of recordings is not an appropriate way to do this thing.

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @AllSafeIT.

See this DropBox hero article for information:

https://help.dropbox.com/integrations/zooml

Unfortunately, it mentions this:

Dropbox will not copy:

• Meetings that you only attended and did not create and host
  • Meetings that were recorded prior to enabling the setting in Dropbox
  • Local recordings in Zoom

I have used the DropBox to Zoom copy integration for over a year – I like it, but it won’t copy the separate audio files. 

BobF
Listener

Is there a way that I can mass download a number of files to my PC or, better yet, to a folder that is synced with Dropbox? It would be great to be able to do this manually without having to select every. single. file. TIA

Ray_Harwood

@BobF, there is a DropBox integration that will copy all future Cloud Recordings to DropBox (I use this - it works well).  There's no way to do so with historical recordings within Zoom.  (The only ways I can suggest outside of Zoom is with custom software accessing Zoom APIs, or possibly something using Zapier.)

jwallace913
Listener

It appears that Dropbox has dropped the Zoom integration. Any way to make Zoom push the recordings to Dropbox as a "Cloud Recording" location?

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @jwallace913 .

Mine works – just tested it. Drop and re-establish your connection from Dropbox to Zoom. See this Dropbox support article:

https://www.dropbox.com/apps/zoom 

jwallace913
Listener

Thanks much. That did seem to work. I was not able to find the Zoom app in Dropbox. Oddly, when I reached out to Dropbox, this is what they said to me:

" According to your request, you’d like to look into why you are unable to locate Zoom as a connected app. 

After careful consideration and evaluation, the Zoom integration within Dropbox is being deprecated. This means that the Zoom integration will no longer be available to our customers.

We understand that this integration has been valuable to many of our users, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. However, we believe that focusing our efforts on other features and integrations will allow us to provide an even better experience for our users."

I hope they don't kill this connection.....

Ray_Harwood

Wow, @jwallace913.  That’s very interesting. I had no idea they were really killing it. 

I’ve been investigating development of a marketplace app that would connect to Zoom and manage interfaces to a variety of Cloud Storage services, and do a better job of offline managing Zoom Cloud Recordings in general. Looks like there might be a window of opportunity here for a paid service.  

Sadly, my Dropbox on my hard drive doesn't pull the recordings down from Dropbox any longer. Why they broke what wasn't broken, I'll never understand. It worked great and now they've stopped it from working. Shaking my head. 😮

Ray_Harwood

Can you see the new files from the Web on the DropBox site?  If your PC is set up properly and has space available, it should sync up just fine.

They're on Dropbox.com but NOT syncing to my hard drive any longer. 😥 I've reinstalled the Dropbox Zoom integration/connection, but I just get empty folders with the meeting details but no recordings, transcripts our chat window content.

Unfortunately Dropbox has deprecated it's cloud recording integration. You could use APIs to build your own custom integration. If you are not a developer, there is a marketplace app, Salepager, that connects to Zoom, backs up your cloud recordings and provides an interface for managing cloud recordings.