wondem
Listener

How can I get meeting ID and passcode?

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @wondem.

Are you looking for the ID and Passcode for a meeting you’re going to attend, or a meeting you are scheduling?

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Ray_Harwood

To attend a meeting, you normally receive a link to join the meeting from the meeting organizer. If you don’t have the invitation from the organizer, contact them directly for the information. 

I attend a bi-weekly zoom meeting with the same organizer. Sometimes I am asked for a passcode. The organizer claims that a passcode is not required and none of the other attendees are experiencing this issue. Any insights would be appreciated.

Ray_Harwood

@Al63, Zoom will only ask you for a Passcode if one is required.  If you're being asked for one, and the Host says there's not one required, the only thing I can say is "You're attending the wrong meeting."

If the host sends you a full Join URL, use that... as opposed to clicking a "Join" button somewhere and entering the Meeting ID.  The full Join URL will almost always have the Passcode embedded into it, and you won't be asked for the Passcode if the encoded URL is sent to you intact.  I have seen issues where the URL is truncated or mistakenly edited by a stray character being entered by the sender... but in general, anyone that clicks the link sent gets in -- assuming it's the right link for the right meeting!

Sometimes I ask both attendee and host to exchange Join links and compare.  You might consider doing that as well.