cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

macOS: URL won't launch Zoom anymore after latest update

moazed
Listener

I have no trouble running Zoom by entering the meeting ID, everything works just fine.

However, since I updated Zoom, I cannot join a meeting by clicking on a URL, for example a URL that is in a calendar invite. When I click on the URL I do get the pop-up asking "do you want to allow this page to open zoom.us.app?" and I click "Allow" and zoom app starts, but does NOT take me to the meeting. I can go to the meeting by copying and pasting the meeting ID (which is at the end of the URL), but it does not happen automatically anymore. I have made sure all the "Security and Privacy" settings are correct, and anyway, Zoom works fine if I enter the meeting ID manually, so the settings MUST be correct or it wouldn't work in that case.

Hope someone has a solution.

7 REPLIES 7

Nafi
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi, 

Did you try to use another browser for this kind of issue?

I am Zoom Enthusiast (Part of PT. Kayreach System, Indonesia Authorized Reseller, Certified Zoom Room, Zoom Phone, and Pro AV Integrator)

Hi

I'm having the same issue - I'm using SAFARI - could this be the issue?

Bepike
Listener

I'm also having a similar issue. I cannot launch meetings when I "allow" Zoom to do so. Then it gives me an option to use my browser (Safari) which I do. I remain in thumbnail for the whole session as there's no gallery option available, and my computer dims every 4 minutes (I realize I can reset this on my computer). Any fix for this? Uninstall and reinstall?

sfogg123
Listener

I am also having trouble launching Zoom meetings, since the last release (I believe).  I'm using Chrome on a PC.   I get the same result whether using browser or from the desktop app.  The meeting seems to launch, then freezes.  I click on the X (exit), the message asking if I want to wait for the program responds or close appears.  I select Close, the dialog seems to close and the meeting launches and I'm in.  This happens consistently.

rchamann
Listener

I'm having the same problem using Mac mini with Safari.  Is there a fix for this?

I too have just bought a MacBook Air and can eventually get into meeting but not automatically.  My problem is that there is no gallery button - how do I fix this?

ePatientDave
Listener

Is there still no way to tell Safari to just open the freaking meeting from a URL, the way Chrome can??

On my older MacBook Air, Chrome plus Zoom are a massive power draw, so I'm increasingly using Safari whenever I can.  Chrome would directly open the Zoom meeting, but with Safari, EVERY TIME I click a link in a calendar, Safari insists on saying "Do you want to allow this page to open zoom.us?"  I can't find any setting to say "YES, ALWAYS for heaven's sake." 

Please tell me I'm missing some easy setting 🙂