cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

<iOS> No audio once Bluetooth / Airpods disconnected

JWan
Listener

I am running Zoom app on my iPad Pro 12.9 (M1 version), on iPad OS 15.

During a Zoom meeting, if I disconnect my Airpods in the middle of the call, the video will immediately freezes and the Zoom meeting will have no audio, even from the speaker. Audio will not restore even if I reconnect my Airpods. I have tried this with other Bluetooth earphones and the bug persists.

I realize that after I disconnect my Airpods, in the Control Panel (drag down from top right of the iPad), the “Now Playing” or “Airplay” would change from Zoom to Not Playing. I suspect this is an issue with Zoom, since other similar video conferencing apps do not have such issue.

Please look into it. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

JWan
Listener

Update: I worked with the Apple genius bar staff, and after exchanging 2 new units and restoring etc, it is very apparent that this is a bug / incompatibility between M1 iPad Pros and the iPadOS15. I got swapped with an iOS14 device and it is working flawlessly. Another M1 12.9 iPad Pro got upgraded from iOS14 to iOS15 and the issue immediately comes up.

Zoom team - Please work on this bug and fix this in the next update if possible.

Thank you.