cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

live transcription service for basic account?

sockmonkey737
Listener

I would like to use the live transcription service, but the option is not showing in settings/CC section. Can someone tell me if this is going to be free for all or will I need a pro account just to use this with my hard of hearing relative?  

thanks 

Sandra

8 REPLIES 8

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Live transcription is indeed rolling out to free accounts currently. You should see that ability in your web settings. Check your Settings page again to make sure its not there. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 21.49.20.png

If still not there, please let me know and we can dig into this further for your account. 

Hi Bort,

Still don’t have that option “live transcription…” under the CC section. I am including screen shots that may help figure this out. I am in Canada as well, not sure if that is the problem. Really appreciate your time on this. My friend loves the quality of zoom but we can not use because he is hard of hearing and needs the live transcript feature that is supposed to be free now. 

Thanks
Sandra

Bort

Hi @sockmonkey737 

I've reached out internally and we are looking into it. I'll let you know when I hear back. 

Bort,

Amazingly I now have the option under CC section where it should be. I opened up a meeting to test it...and it works fantastic!! 😋Thank you for whatever you did. I appreciate your time. 

Thanks

Sandra

Bort

Great to hear its working! Our engineering team was able to figure out the issue and quickly resolve it. Glad I could help! 

I am having the same problem.  there is no closed caption section in my setting.  

MathildeAmoros
Listener

Hi Bort, Like sockmonkey737, I can see the Live transcript function on my zoom. 

I have tired to enable it and the button appeared on the tool barre but it only gives me the option to  "assign a participant to type", "I will type" or "use a 3rd party CC". But I don't have the option to select the zoom live transcription. Could you help me understand how I can set it up please? 

Thank you very much,

Mathilde

Screenshot 2022-06-08 at 18.33.59.png

MathildeAmoros
Listener

I was meant to write, I CAN'T see the Live transcript function on my zoom. Sorry, there is a typo. But I think you got the message 😉 Thank you in advance for your help