cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

live streaming

ISAPoliTO
Listener

Hello!

Have you ever experienced lip-sync problems during a live streaming of a zoom webinar?

I have often had this problem, but I do not know if it depends on Zoom or other aspects.

Usually I use Personalized live streaming service.

Can you share your experiences please? Thanks.

Isa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @ISAPoliTO.

There's a difference between lip-sync issues and lag issues.  Stream services almost always have some built-in lag time... so you will see the video on the live stream be somewhere between 5 and 15 seconds later than the live feed you see on Zoom. 

Normally, there should not be any lip-sync issues... that is, the lips and sound should move together, as long as you are listening to the same audio source that you are watching video from.  But some lip-sync will occur -- Zoom will often delay audio briefly if the speaker's Internet connection is slow or unreliable.  And packets from Zoom to your streaming service might also be affected by a variety of Internet bandwidth issues.

I don't do a lot of Livestreaming, but the times I've done it, I've never had a noticeable lip-sync issue downstream of the Zoom feed that wasn't also apparent in the Zoom live view, meaning that the issue is more at the speaker's computer and out of our control.

I hope that helps!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ISAPoliTO
Listener

Hello!

Have you ever experienced lip-sync problems during a live streaming of a zoom meeting?

I have often had this problem, but I do not know if it depends on Zoom or other aspects.

Usually I use Personalized live streaming service.

Can you share your experiences please? Thanks.

Isa

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @ISAPoliTO.

There's a difference between lip-sync issues and lag issues.  Stream services almost always have some built-in lag time... so you will see the video on the live stream be somewhere between 5 and 15 seconds later than the live feed you see on Zoom. 

Normally, there should not be any lip-sync issues... that is, the lips and sound should move together, as long as you are listening to the same audio source that you are watching video from.  But some lip-sync will occur -- Zoom will often delay audio briefly if the speaker's Internet connection is slow or unreliable.  And packets from Zoom to your streaming service might also be affected by a variety of Internet bandwidth issues.

I don't do a lot of Livestreaming, but the times I've done it, I've never had a noticeable lip-sync issue downstream of the Zoom feed that wasn't also apparent in the Zoom live view, meaning that the issue is more at the speaker's computer and out of our control.

I hope that helps!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Thanks Ray for the answer.

I am well aware of the lag issues during the streaming. The question I highlighted is focused on lip-sync problems that I econuntered during some live streaming from zoom.

I supposed the cause could be Internet connection and  Internet bandwidth 😞

I wanted to make sure that someone had identified other causes.

Isa

I am having difficulty with Zoom.  it won't let me upgrade and now won't allow the various passwords and I don't remember my ID