cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

licenced meeting

khaleeq11
Listener

hi i have question if a  licenced member join a normal meeting then it is unlimited or not. i want to know that lincnced member effect zoom normal account and set a unlimited meeting.  Also licenced member is not host it is only simple user.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Correct, just the host of the meeting needs a license. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Bort

Hi @khaleeq11 

Only meetings scheduled by a licensed user will have unlimited time. Joining a meeting hosted by a basic user will have no effect on that meeting. 

so if i want unlimited meeting then only host need any type of licence.

Bort

Correct, just the host of the meeting needs a license. 

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @khaleeq11 

If a licensed Zoom Room, or a Personal Collaboration Device, joins a Free meeting, the meeting will be allowed unlimited minutes. Generally the Meeting will also get upgraded to HD-video.

https://zoom.us/pricing/zoom-rooms

https://explore.zoom.us/en/zoom-for-home/

Hope this helps.

Rupert

Bort

This is inaccurate, @Rupert

If a Zoom Room or Personal Zoom Room starts a meeting scheduled by a free user on the same account as the Zoom Room, then the meeting will be upgraded to not have any time limits. Simply joining the meeting after it was started will have no effect. 

Rupert

Hi @Bort 

Actually what I meant was if a Zoom Room joins as a Participant to an already-started meeting on someone else's Free account (on a different account entirety - not your own), that meeting gets bumped to unlimited minutes and to HD.

I join other people's Free meetings all the time with my Zoom Room, with those results.

For that reason it can be worth having a Zoom Room and keeping it on a different account to one's own Zoom account.