cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

language interpretations

JohnAdams
Listener

Hi

I have the Pro plan on zoom and want to enable interpretations.

I have the interpreters but just want to enable the feature on my zoom account but the setting is not available to enable or disable,

what should I do?
Is my license eligible?

if not what should i

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @JohnAdams 

Language interpretations is only available on Business accounts and above.

Rupert_0-1633354185260.png

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Rupert

Hi @JohnAdams 

Language interpretations is only available on Business accounts and above.

Rupert_0-1633354185260.png

Thanks a lot!

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Rupert @JohnAdams , that page is actually a bit misleading, as you just need a Pro account with the webinar add-on to get Language interpretation enabled

Rupert

Oh yes. I think this has come up before. So having the Webinar Add-On on top of a Pro account gives you language interpretation for your whole account (Webinar and Meetings)?

Bort

Correct, it would be available for both meetings and webinars.

Since the pricing page you used doesn't go into that much detail, its a bit misleading. Always best to refer to the support documentation, as we can get much more precise with prerequisites. 

Except that the product documentation leaves lots of room for interpretation and confusion since it does not unequivocally state that by taking the webinar add-on that language interpretation is available in all of the subscription's meetings.

The language interpretation feature availability is tied to the webinar add-on but what if you don't want to hold a panel-style presentation-style webinar but an interactive meeting?

Two questions:

1) with a Pro plan and needing to host a one-off meeting (not a webinar) with 100+ people and language interpretation: I'll need both the "large meeting" and the "webinar" add-on?  Then the language interpretation will in effect be available to a regular meeting?

2) if the meeting was created > 30 days ago (so that it could be communicated properly), support (through chat) seems to indicate that this meeting cannot be used since it cannot be changed anymore to make the necessary adjustments to include the interpretation?

Bort
  1. Yes, in this case you would need the Large Meeting and Webinar Add-ons to accomplish that specific meeting. 
  2. Once language interpretation is enabled, you should be able to edit any meeting and have that feature enabled for use. 

can you please answer for me how can I get the webinar add on to get language interpretation enabled in pro plan.could you please show me the way. thanks.

SULASIMOES
Listener

URGENT!  In the news version, Zoom allowed the interpreter to move the language panel not to block view.  But after positioning the desired location, HOW TO PIN THE PANEL DOWN in order NOT TO jump around when you switch speaking to languages??? I am an interpreter and LOST my job, because I was chasing the bar and not changing the channels in real time.  PLEASE HELP!!!

SULASIMOES
Listener

URGENT!  In the new version, Zoom allowed the interpreter to move the language panel not to block view.  But after positioning the desired location, HOW TO PIN THE PANEL DOWN in order NOT TO jump around when you switch speaking to languages??? I am an interpreter and LOST my job, because I was chasing the bar and not changing the channels in real time.  PLEASE HELP!!!

SULASIMOES
Listener

Meetings and Webinars: URGENT ATTENTION NEEDED!

I am a Portuguese/English interpreting.  Zoom updated the language panel for it to be displaced to a desired position without blocking participants' info.  The issue is that now, the language panel or bar JUMPS AROUND when we switch languages! You can't pin it down!  It highlights in blue and it never goes back to a fixed position.  PLEASE GO BACK TO WHAT IT WAS, because we are losing jobs because of this "enhancement" or just tell us how to pin it down.

SULASIMOES
Listener

Meetings and Webinars: URGENT ATTENTION NEEDED!

I am a Portuguese/English interpreter.  Zoom updated the language panel for it to be displaced to a desired position without blocking participants' info.  Thank you for that.  However, the issue is now that the language panel or bar JUMPS AROUND when we switch languages or "speaking to"channels! You can't pin it down!  It highlights in blue and it never goes back to a fixed position.  PLEASE GO BACK TO WHAT IT WAS before or tell us how to make it stay in one place, because this "enhancement" has caused me to lose a very important assignment!  HELP, PLEASE!!!