cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet connection crashes after few minutes of zoom meeting windows 10

betulla
Listener

Hi!
I'm using a laptop ACER 5750G recently updated to Windows 10.  A few minutes or even only seconds after having started a Zoom-Meeting, the meeting interrupts and the internet connection (ethernet and wifi) does not work any more. I can use internet only after rebooting the laptop.

With Windows 7 I did not have this problem on my computer.

What I already tried: disinstall and reinstall Zoom latest version. Did make any difference.

Can you help me with this problem?

4 REPLIES 4

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @dgdelrosario23 if your computer is completely disconnecting from Wifi rather than just Zoom specifically,  I don't believe this would be a Zoom issue. Suggest trying to Update Windows and updating your Zoom client.

A couple of questions though:

• Does this happen randomly with other wifi-capable applications?
  • Does your computer randomly disconnect the wifi without Zoom open or starting Zoom meetings? If so, maybe look into this Microsoft Forum on Random Wifi Disconnects
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hi, I have the same issue, this only occurs when a Zoom meeting is initiated otherwise the computer will run fine. I have even reset Windows 10 and the issue still persists.

A lot of user (including me) have this issue:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Zoom/comments/ix7d3b/zoom_crashes_wifi_and_ethernet_randomly/

Only happens on Ethernet, only happens with zoom, i'm using an ethernet card part of a Lenovo hub in a thunderbolt port. Any idea?

betulla
Listener

Hi! I resolved by using wi-fi connection rather than LAN cable. I have no idea what's the real problem behind...