cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation failed

Chissa
Listener

downloading app failed. It says, "the installation failed. the installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

20 REPLIES 20

GinaEP
Listener

Same! Did you figure out what the issue was or how to fix it?

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Chissa @GinaEP , thank you for your contributions to the Zoom Community! I'm sorry to hear that you are both experiencing issues installing the Zoom app. Are you using a Mac device? 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I am having exact same issue. Was installed before and working fine. Then all of a sudden (maybe a month ago?) it wouldnt update. So I deleted and tried to make new install. No go. 2021 Macbook Pro. Apple M1 Pro. Help?

I need to get this thing going now there is no help available. I've restarted my computer and I keep getting the unable to install message.

Yes, I am on a new Mac desktop.  I still can't fix it.  The first time I tried to installed, I answered "No" to the request to access my Download folder.  Maybe that is causing the problem.  But I don't know how to fix that and give it access.  Help!!!

I was able to get it installed however, I needed to set a new user ID on my Mac book with administrator access. I installed it through the new user and gave it access to the entire computer, all users and then log back into my original Mac user account on my computer, and the zoom app was working. The settings in the privacy section no matter what I did I had no effect on installing zoom to my original MacBook user account 

Yes, I have the same problem.  MacBook Pro 2021 16-inch. Apple M1 Max.

1. Please go to Privacy & Security   —> full disk access —> Installer and then enable Privacy & Security   -> Files and Folders —> Installer—>Downloads folder.
  2. After enabling these options please reboot your device and try installing the Zoom desktop client app again.

Note:
If the installer is not seen at the above location, please add it manually by going to Finder > Go > Go to  Folder...- key in /System/Library/CoreServices/Installer.app and then add the installer once the option is listed.

CarlaA_0-1677270532404.png

I hope this helps!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Please click Accept as Solution if you found this reply helpful. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Thanks for the tip.  I've been having this problem and after reading your reply, I was able to install the .dmg.  However, I did it a bit differently.  I moved the .dmg to an already allowed location, which meant that I didn't have to give the installer full disk access or enable all installs from the Downloads folder. Since I'm not sure what might get downloaded into the Downloads folder in the future, I didn't want to set those rights as permanent.

I am having the same problem on my macbook pro. It says installation failed and to contact the manufacturer.  I don't see the options you are describing in your response. No Installer and no Files and folders in the full disk access option under privacy and security. I have no idea what you mean with the Go go in finder. thank you. I have been using zoom with no problems until yesterday when it stopped connecting with my camera so I uninstalled and now I cannot reinstall.

Hi @cindymen, thank you for updating me. Can you please try following the steps outlined in this article (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/5719888320269-Zoom-error-code-10004) under Additional Troubleshooting and let me know how it goes?

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Thank you for your response. There is no Zoom application in the applications folder. I uninstalled it and cannot reinstall it. I keep getting the message installation failed.

I have a macbook pro with Ventura 13.2.1. Is that information useful in helping me figure out how to fix this problem? I use Zoom everyday and its a big problem.

T-Will
Listener

I cannot install Zoom.  It failed. MacBook Pro, Apple M2. 

tieger
Listener

I am unable to install this application. I keep getting the error. Is there anyone on this community that knows how to fix this or is there a phone number to call?

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone! 

Please try the below steps and let me know if it helps:

1. Please go to Privacy & Security   —> full disk access —> Installer and then enable Privacy & Security   -> Files and Folders —> Installer—>Downloads folder.
  2. After enabling these options please reboot your device and try installing the Zoom desktop client app again.

Note:
If the installer is not seen at the above location, please add it manually by going to Finder > Go > Go to  Folder...- key in /System/Library/CoreServices/Installer.app and then add the installer once the option is listed.

CarlaA_0-1677171866150.png

I hope this helps!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Please click Accept as Solution if you found this reply helpful. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

I was able to get it installed however, I needed to set a new user ID on my Mac book with administrator access. I installed it through the new user and gave it access to the entire computer, all users and then log back into my original Mac user account on my computer, and the zoom app was working. The settings in the privacy section no matter what I did I had no effect on installing zoom to my original MacBook user account 

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @tieger , really appreciate you posting your findings! I'm sure it will be helpful to others as well.

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Where do you add the " then add the installer once the option is listed"?  All I see is the Installer app located within CoreServices.  If I press on that, it takes me to the installation process, at which point it will fail again.

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hello! Just wanted to let you all know that a new support article was created with troubleshooting steps to take if you're experiencing trouble installing Zoom on your Mac device. Here is the link: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/14194612186381

Please let us know if you have any additional questions! 

Bri
Zoom Community Team