cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad issues - Gallery View

jasonyoung1972
Listener

For the past few months I have had to close out of zoom then re-open it while a meeting is going on in order to get the full 5x5 gallery view on my iPad.  If I don't my screen is limited to 3x4 on each screen.  Also, when the screen is full, the top row controls cuts off the video participants.  I have hoped that zoom would fix these bugs but have not seen anything in the past app updates.  Is anyone else experiencing these issues on an iPad?  I also have trouble screen sharing files from icloud drive.  If i start a new meeting, i have to duplicate a file in my Files app, otherwise, the file shows up as a blank grey screen when I screen share in zoom.  Very frustrating.....

12 REPLIES 12

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @jasonyoung1972 

Have you reported the issue to Zoom Support? We cannot fix a bug that we are not aware of. 

How do you report an issue to Zoom Support? I find no way to directly contact Zoom Support at all. 

Haven’t gotten that answer either. 

jasonyoung1972
Listener

I tried but navigating through the website always brought me to this community forum.   It’s hard to believe I am the only one experiencing this issue. I have 2 iPads and it is the same on both. 

I am having this issue as well. Only with meetings where I am the host - meetings I have started. I have 4th gen iPad Pro, updated Zoom.  Have you found a solution? Also, like you, when I ask questions I get sent to these pages and get no answers. Hiding controls as someone suggested does not fix the problem.

Only solution I know of is to close and reopen the app during a meeting which sucks. Only way to fully view top row is to hide controls which also sucks. 

Thanks, Jason. I don’t have the problem with meetings generated by others, only with meetings I start.  Pain in the butt to constantly switch “pages” when trying to moderate a meeting and be able to see faces. I am on 4th gen iPad, updated Zoom, so I should be able to get 5 x 5 view and can’t. I think it was the last Zoom update that screwed it up.

VeeGee
Listener

I have the same problem with the top row of the gallery images being cut off in my iPad.

One workaround is to auto hide the controls in the Meeting settings. 

MeganPDX
Listener

I have this same issue of the top row of images being cut off at the top, when in gallery view. It always happens when I join meetings hosted by others. I think also when I host..when there are more people than will fit on one screen. It’s been happening for 4-5 months. Very frustrating. I just turn my screen from landscape to portrait and the issue goes away, but I see fewer pictures of people that way.

I have the same issue. Adding to the frustration is I can’t change the position of the participants to another part of the screen so that I can see a full view of myself . like I can on a Windows PC

Tank65
Listener

I also have the same problem . The top row of participants cut off in gallery view i have an iPad Air 4  

has this issue been resolved yet?

The only solution I have found is navigating to your "Meeting settings" and turning the "Always show meeting controls" OFF.