cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to prevent getting kicked out

JR8
Listener

I am facilitating training on ZOOM and started getting dropped from the meeting multiple times during a 2 hour session. What is causing this and how can I prevent it?

2 REPLIES 2

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

The reason might remain a mystery... I certainly can't give you a definitive answer. I can share that poor internet connectivity can contribute to this, as can a computer that have out of date drivers, or overburdened CPU or RAM.

If you are connected on your work or home network for this meeting, you might also consider connecting to the meeting with your phone using its cellular connectivity, as well. Then when you get dropped from the meeting on your computer you'll still be in the meeting on your phone. Just a thought for a backup.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

Ray_Harwood

Hey, @JR8,

Jeff from the @ZoomTestKitchen is right - with the information we have, there's no way to give you a definitive answer. But I have another scenario to share with you to consider.

First, a couple of questions:

• Is your facilitation session a Meeting or a Webinar?
  • You mention you are facilitating the training.  Are you the person who created the session?  Or are you a panelist or attendee?
  • Does the meeting require registration, or is it open entry to anyone with the Join link?
  • When you get booted out, do the other attendees remain in the session?

In scenarios where there is registration required, if anyone shares their Join link with someone else, and then that someone else joins the meeting, there are specific circumstances under which any existing attendee using that Join link will get "booted out", especially if the session owner has set the "No multiple logins allowed."

If you are the session owner (the person who created the meeting or webinar), and you are sharing your credentials (username and password) with anyone else, when that "someone else" logs in and joins any other meeting, they will get a pop-up that tells them you already have a meeting in progress, and gives them the option to either cancel the start of "their" new meeting, or cause your meeting to end so theirs can start.  In this case, as the owner of the session, everyone is booted out as the meeting is terminated.

The same thing can occur if you share credentials with someone else but you are not the owner of the current meeting.  In this case, the other person will still get the pop-up warning and has the option to have your connection to the existing meeting terminated, but it will only affect your connection to the meeting -- the other attendees will continue in the meeting.

Sharing credentials is against Zoom Terms of Service, and often the source of multiple-login issues.  If you suspect someone has gained access to your account credentials, I'd recommend changing the password and/or using 2FA (two factor authentication).

Jeff's point about network connective being to blame are the most common causes of getting booted out... but normally if you are patient in this scenario, Zoom will eventually re-join the lost connection (if it can do so within a few minutes).  But when network issues are not the culprit, dual logins or shared credentials are most often "runners-up" on the list of causes.

Let us know if you have more details to share, and if this continues to be an issue.  We'll do what we can to help troubleshoot.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !