Introducing the new Zoom Community Champion Program where we recognize our most engaged community members for their contributions.

Learn more and join
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to mute your mcrophone while showing a video in screen share on zoom

sburech
Listener

When I try to show a video from my desktop, the video shows to the participants, whose microphones I muted, but my microphone is still working and picks up ambient sounds from the room in addition to the video sound track.  If I mute my microphone the video sound also mutes.  Thank you in advance for you assistance.

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @sburech. when sharing content do you have share computer audio checked? You can click on 'Share Screen' to either share computer audio with your video you can check the 'Share sound' (Bottom left corner), or for music you can click on the advanced tab and click on 'Computer sound only.'

You can also look into the KB on Managing audio echo in a meeting if experiencing audio feedback. 

Leverage cool features and how to's from the Community Center. If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button! ⤵️

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @sburech, just reaching out to see if you were able to test! 

Leverage cool features and how to's from the Community Center. If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button! ⤵️