cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hosting a meeting

Erik7
Listener

Last night I hosted a zoom meeting.  I sent out invitations with the exact invite info.  I had two people try to join but I was only able to hold the meeting with one of them at a time.  When the other person would try to get into the meeting they would get a message that stated I was hosting another meeting.  I started over with them both, again sent them the identical meeting invite.  I'd start the meeting and then one of their names would pop up as waiting, I'd grant them access, in they would come.  The next guy would never show up as being in the waiting room and later told me they got the same message that I was hosting another meeting.  I do not know if I have hit some strange button in settings or what.  Anyone have any ideas?  I have held meetings in the past and never had this problem.  I pay $149.00 a year for my membership and it is current.

Thank you!!!  @links

2 REPLIES 2

J-Zoom-ATL
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Erik7I can certainly understand the frustration on this issue. However, the user may have been doing something incorrect on their end as they should have been able to join from the link provided in the email. I don't think there are any issues with the invitations provided unless you provided a meeting URL that was hyperlinked to an incorrect destination. You can verify if this is the case by clicking on the link you sent in the email and watching what the address bar in the browser says. If it matches then the correct link was being visited when provided. 

If you have users that have this issue moving forward, I would suggest to them to manually input the meeting ID and password into their Zoom application or when joining from the web. 
Ways to join a Zoom meeting: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-Zoom-meeting 

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button below.