cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

host picture only on screen

Jberry
Listener

How do I  get my picture (host) to show only on the screen when in screen sharing mode and recording?

5 REPLIES 5

DDubZoomer
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @Jberry ,

You will need to modify your cloud recording settings to "Record active speaker with shared screen".  Please see this support article for more information.

If this response has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below to publish this solution for the benefit of Community members.

DDubZoomer

Thank you for your reply.  Does this only apply on the cloud recording, or can this apply on my laptop recording?

DDubZoomer

Hello @Jberry,

The information I provided only applies to cloud recordings.  If you are recording locally, to hide the active speaker from appearing in the top right corner during a screen share,  you have to modify the Recording Settings in the Zoom client to deselect or uncheck the option "Record Video during screen sharing".   Snap shot below.

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 11.22.27 AM.png

Please see the following support articles for more information.

Changing settings in the desktop client

Starting a local recording

If the information provided has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

DDubZoomer

I'm sorry, I'm not communicating my question clearly.  I want the Speaker (which is the host)  picture to be the ONLY one appearing  while screen sharing and recording.  Meaning, I do NOT want any other profile pictures to appear on the screen BUT the Speaker profile picture while screen sharing and recording. Hopefully this helps with my question.  

DDubZoomer

Hello @Jberry,

For a local recording, 

1. Make sure the recording setting “Record video during screen share” is selected/enabled in the Zoom client app settings (same pic posted above)
  2. Disable your video display in the meeting interface which will trigger your profile picture to display before, during,  and after the screen share. In my tests, other meeting participants video whether on or off will not be displayed in the screen share recording.    

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below to publish this solution to the Community.