cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

host has another meeting in progress

chants
Listener

Hi there, I am wondering if someone could help me with this problem that I am having.  I have read all of the discussion boards and am still getting the "host has another meeting in progress" message for clients trying to join my group.

I am the only host, I have only one device open to zoom, I have even recently completely deleted my account and set up a new account with a different email address as I thought maybe I had two accounts open somehow.  I am at a loss and am unsure of what to do.  Thanks  

7 REPLIES 7

Arps
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello!  

I'm sorry this is giving you issues.  I'm not 100% sure what's going on, but I'm wondering if instead of starting your scheduled meeting, you happen to be accidentally starting a new meeting instead.  

When you go to start your scheduled meeting, are you going to the email invitation, or your scheduled meetings and clicking the link there?  That may be something to try just in case.   

It seems like somehow, you and your participants are ending up attempting to join different meeting IDs.

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks! Rick

I never use the scheduling features, I just use my personal meeting ID and share it ....and If I DID have a scheduled meeting, I would know it wouldn't I?  Wouldn't I be in it??  LOL 

Perhaps more specifically,  if I copy and email my personal ZOOM link that's not considered a "Scheduled" meeting right?  The ID WOULD NOT be different in that case right?   

So what is the point of sending a zoom meeting invite if it generates a different meeting code. There have been many times when a guest has called to say that they are waiting and I am waiting but it transpires that there is two  meetings!! Its a big flaw and needs to be addressed.

SandyNelson
Listener

I am having the same problem several times a week. It is very frustrating and the solution is not intuitive.

SandyNelson
Listener

Me too. I am sharing my personal meeting ID, rather than scheduling meetings. Where is the Zoom response to this?

Larrious
Listener

I am having tis issue too. Are we need allowed to use the same link that we share?

okemomma
Listener

I';m having the same issue and reached out to Zoom and they weren't helpful.