cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help retrieve the meeting recording

BinaSolanki
Listener

I attended a Zoom meeting 23rd May (in hurry) without signing in 😞 . I recorded that meeting. I checked many times in the call of the recording - it was green.  When the call ended - i could not find the recording anywhere in my system. Please help me retrive the recording

5 REPLIES 5

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @BinaSolanki.

You mentioned "it was green."  I'm sorry to say that the green shield icon in an indication that the communication between your computer and Zoom's servers is encrypted... it does not indicate that the meeting is being recorded.  Here's what you'll see if the meeting is being recorded in the Zoom Cloud:

Ray_Harwood_0-1684888337115.png

If it is being recorded locally by you, there will be a circle with a red dot.  Cloud and/or circle with a red dot indicates recording in progress.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hi Ray - i need help on two points

1. where can we see the recorded meeting (if we did not sign in ) - i checked in program files folder - but its not available...where else could it be - if you recorded but did not sign into the Zoom

2. Green -maybe that was acceptance of host to allow recording or i dont remember - because i remember sending a request and host accepting and as you mention a red dot being there while it was reocrding. 

Point 1 - here i need the help more....please advise

Hi Donald - i did not sign in - and that's the root issue. But for sure i started the recording with the approval request from Host. the meeting was in recording status. When the meeting ended - i checked in all folders - but i could not find it anywhere. yes checked in download folder too. I reached out to Host and he does not have any recording - as he did not record merely gave permission to record. 

Hi Ray! What would you suggest in this scenario: I co-hosted a meeting last night on the OTHER hosts account. Because I knew they would be getting off the call, I was the one who recorded the meeting. I cannot find it anywhere. It did say it was recording throughout the meeting. Have you heard of this? Is it lost? Any guidance is appreciated! 

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @HeatherBeebe.

I'm assuming your meeting was recorded to the Zoom Cloud.  Even if you initiated the recording as Co-Host, a Cloud recording is always stored in the account of the meeting organizer.  Ask the original Host/owner of the meeting to make the recording available to you via the recording share functionality.

If you recorded it locally, its should be in the folder indicated on the Settings window -> Recording tab.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !