cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help I don't have BLUR in my virtual background

fitcoachinge
Listener

i have a MacBook, we have zoom for 500 people ...but the option for BLUR is not included!!

3 REPLIES 3

Creola
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @fitcoachinge ,

You might be able to find a response to your questions in this article https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360061468611-Using-blurred-background- 

Hope this help,

timstringer
Attendee

Upgrading the meeting capacity won't have any impact on the Zoom features that are included.

If you haven't already, make sure that your MacBook is running the latest version of Zoom by choosing Check for Updates from the Zoom.us menu.

How old is your MacBook? According to the Zoom Help Center, you'll need a Mac and meets or exceeds the following specs to use blurred backgrounds.

• Zoom desktop client, 4.6.0 or higher
  • macOS version 10.13 or higher
  • Supported processors
    • Apple M1  
    • i5 - 2 cores or higher, 6th generation or higher
      Note: 6th generation i5 dual-core processor, requires macOS 10.14 or higher
    • i7 - 4 cores or higher, 4th generation or higher

rach
Listener

Same here! I used to see the blur button before. Now it's gone. My Zoom version is 5.8.1 and my Mac is running on 10.13.6 which should be way above the minimum system requirements of Zoom and hardware specs. Restarted my computer, logged off and on zoom several times. Unless there's something else missing, I'm stumped.