cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

formula for conversion of phone call to zoom meeting

anselm45
Listener

What constitutes the totality of the system requirements and the procedure  via which a phone call  made  via the use of  my zoom number  can be elevated to a zoom meeting such that I can see and hear what would be occurring on the other end of the phone call converted into a meeting and the person on the other end of the line can observe and hear what would be occurring on my end of the phone call converted into a meeting and the entirety of what would be observable and audible could be uploaded to the cloud contemporaneously to the conducting of the type of activity described herein such that were either  of the smart phones confiscated, or would end up broken or the uploading of the content of whatever would have transpired in the activity being recorded would somehow be discontinued, the content of whatever would have transpired prior to the discontinuation of the uploading would have ended up in an archived platform such that such content could be accessible regardless of what might have ever occurred to either of the smart phones ever used in this type of interaction? Is it true of false that: 1. smart phones are needed on both ends of the connection? 2. mobile data or data from a free internet connection would be needed on both smartphones? 3. both smartphones would have to have a zoom app downloaded onto the smartphones, respectively? 4. A  smartphone on one end or other of the type of connection this conveyance concerns  would have to have a paid zoom subscription or license or whatever constitutes the name of the exact entity that requires some type of payment in order for a person to use zoom at a level higher than the free basic plan? 5. Smartphones on both ends  of the type of connection this conveyance concerns  would have to have a paid zoom subscription or license or whatever constitutes the name of the exact entity that requires some type of payment in order that the type of phenomena described herein supra could be accomplished? RJM ***********

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

@anselm45 – this Zoom Support article has all the information available on elevating a Zoom Call to a Zoom Meeting. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Reading and viewing that material has not resulted in my succeeding in converting a phone call into a video recorded conference or meeting or whatever it's called. I have whatever plan it is, I think it's called pro United or something that's 24.99 a month. If you know the answer to this question -whether the person on the other end of the telephonic communication would have to possess a zoom basic account, or a zoom paid account in order for it be possible to convert a telephonic communication into a video conference, and if you could convey that to me, you would have outperformed the zoom representatives to this point. Thanks for any effort to help, RJM

Ray_Harwood

@anselm45 – I’ll do what I can here, sir.

I can’t discern from your email, but the first sentence says “make a call using Zoom Phone”. Prior to initiating any conversion to a meeting, did you initiate a Zoom Phone call to the other party?

Next, you have to initiate the conversion to a meeting by pressing the Zoom Phone Meeting button, highlighted here in green:

Ray_Harwood_0-1650153065312.jpeg

You will enter a Zoom Meeting, with recording turned on. The other person will either be joined to the meeting with phone audio only, or - if the person is on a Zoom Phone – they should be joined to your meeting via the Zoom client. 

I hope this helps!!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Thank you for the effort, I'm just responding in this email because I don't know how to get to wherever it is that you highlighted something in green (I can see it now on this zoom community whatever . I did in fact place a call from the zoom phone number that I procured via activating the Zoom app. That call was placed to someone who had also downloaded the Zoom app on to his smartphone but he only has a basic plan. So there are still some holes in my understanding of what all is required and I'm trying to fill those holes because thus far I haven't gotten any value out of the zoom package that I purchased about a month ago . What is family necessary in terms of system requirements and or capacities on the end of the telephonic discussion other than the end of such discussion upon which I would be conducting activity in any given instance in order to convert the telephonic communication into an arrangement in which the individual and the other end can observe what would be within the purview of my camera lens and hear what would be within the range of my microphone and vice versa? I hope that adequately articulates my question....