cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flashing screen since recent update......I have to turn off my video to stay in a meeting....HELP !

hoover
Listener

I have had to turn off my video in order to remain at a meeting hosted by another,,,,,,the flashing images are intense and distracting.......HELP !

11 REPLIES 11

jrmdpc
Listener

same problem when I host a meeting. Started with "upgrade" with new zoom apps.

have you received a response from zoom ?

jrmdpc
Listener

nope. Just a ticket #

Got this response:

Chris V. (Zoom)

Jan 12, 2023, 12:15 EST

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Zoom Support, my name is Chris and I'll be working on this ticket with you.

I understand you are experiencing video issues after updating to the latest Zoom Version 5.13. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience.

Our Engineers have reproduced the issue and found the root cause, the video de-noise function goes wrong when the CPU usage is high on some computers with low-performance CPUs. 

The issue is expected to be fixed on the 5.13.5 version which will be released next Monday, January 16th.

While waiting for a fix, we have these work arounds that can resolve the issue for the time being: 

Work Around 1 - Disabling video de-noise in the advanced video settings can avoid the issue.

On your Zoom App, Go to > Settings ( By clicking on the Upper right hand corner 'gear icon')

Select ‘Video’ > Advanced > Uncheck  ‘Optimize quality of the video | send with de-noise

Work Around 2 - Roll back to Previous Zoom Version 5.12.9 (Downgrading to 5.12.9 fixes the issue)

Roll back and re-install instructions for Windows

First uninstall the current Zoom version (Windows)

The following steps should help get the old installation cleared, and get Zoom reinstalled and working for you.

Could you please run the CleanZoom application in the attachments, and then restart your computer when it's finished?

Once done restarting please visit this link  

EXE 64-bit:
https://zoom.us/client/5.12.9.10650/ZoomInstaller.exe?archType=x64 this will automatically download the previous version for you.

Roll back and re-install instructions for MAC

Click on the Zoom Icon at the dock while you have the Zoom Client running.

On the upper left you will see zoom.us, click on Uninstall

Once Zoom is completely uninstalled,  visit this link below to roll back to the previous version.

For Intel Processors
PKG: https://zoom.us/client/5.12.9.13190/Zoom.pkg
M1 Processor version:
https://zoom.us/client/5.12.9.13190/Zoom.pkg?archType=arm64

Thanks,
Chris

Attachment(s)
CleanZoom.exe

Thanks for asking the question and posting the response from the Zoom Support!

I've experienced the same after the upgrade and I was able to eliminate the problem with:

Work Around 1 - Disabling video de-noise in the advanced video settings can avoid the issue.

Mike

I did Work-Around 1……have not used Zoom since, so I am not sure if it worked. Very grateful for forwarding the information from Chris. Many Thanks.

Hello Chris

I also have this issue since the last update a week ago.  Can you confirm if the bug fix is going to happen today as you have mentioned as it is worse than before now.

Thank you!

I did receive a reply from Zoom Customer service.  They acknowledged the problem was with the Zoom update 5.13.  And yes, they did say that 15.13.5 would be ready today (1-16-23) and that it should fix the problems.  Major annoyance!  I know several people that had this occur after they "upgraded" to Zoom 5.13.  What all those who had problems may have in common is older P.C.'s .  I know one person who was still running Windows 7!  They now have Windows 11 with no flashing video problems.  I'm not ready to go that route. Let's hope Zoom 15.3.5 does arrive today and does fix the flash.

Thank you, Zinna.  Good to know.  My Laptop is fairly new and I run on Windows 10 currently.  I have tried the option 1 fix that Chris (above) has suggested and so far, so good! 

Thanks for the update......fingers crossed !

Zinna
Listener

I have spent more than 6 hours working with this problem....it's a mess.  I too have a ticket open with Zoom, very little response. 

This is definitely a poor customer service to say the least.  Zoom seems to be going the way of Microsoft.  When you get so big, and many businesses become dependent...well then...the customer can fend for themselves and find their own solutions! (I use Zoom rather Teams for this very reason!) 

Thank you Hoover and JRMPDC, for getting this up on "Zoom Community".  It's a self-service kind of place, but thanks to you "Chris" from Zoom did finally provide an answer.  I've sent this answer to all my Zoom friends.  I was on a meeting with 39 people last night.  I wasn't the only one having the Zoom Version 5.13 Annoyance.  I know of at least one person who spent literally 3 days trying to find and fix this problem.  They purchased a new computer...and yes, that fixed the problem.  Hmmmmm.......