cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flashing alternate images

CHM2023
Listener

When we are hosting a meeting at various times another's screen image will impose on top of the host or a series of almost like black and white movie images run along the top or bottom of the screen - it's very distracting

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CHM2023
Listener

I just had this reply from zoom: Haven't had chance to try it yet

Regarding the issue, there has been an update regarding some fixes made in the most recent version of the Zoom application, as evidenced by the statement that an issue with video crashes due to high CPU usage is now resolved for version 5.13.5 (12053): https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201361953-Release-notes-for-Windows

What I can suggest now is that you uninstall the Zoom application from your device and then reinstall the latest version of the Zoom application: Download Center

For more information, visit: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362983-Uninstalling-and-reinstalling-the-Zoom-applicati...

If the problem persists, disable the video setting option "disable video de-noise" in the advanced video settings of the Zoom application (Preferences → Video → Advanced)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

WW_175blue
Listener

I am having the same issue of the screen image will impose on top of the host or a series of almost like black and white movie images run along the top or bottom of the screen and it's very distracting and the host is turning off my video.  

How can i stop it? 

PLEASE ADVISE

Megann
Listener

I am having something similar, a participant of the meeting's video is flashing green, black, and you can see the video of other individuals in their video. It's incredibly distracting. This occurred last week and this week with no resolution at this time. Hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction to help this participant! 

CHM2023
Listener

I just had this reply from zoom: Haven't had chance to try it yet

Regarding the issue, there has been an update regarding some fixes made in the most recent version of the Zoom application, as evidenced by the statement that an issue with video crashes due to high CPU usage is now resolved for version 5.13.5 (12053): https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201361953-Release-notes-for-Windows

What I can suggest now is that you uninstall the Zoom application from your device and then reinstall the latest version of the Zoom application: Download Center

For more information, visit: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362983-Uninstalling-and-reinstalling-the-Zoom-applicati...

If the problem persists, disable the video setting option "disable video de-noise" in the advanced video settings of the Zoom application (Preferences → Video → Advanced)

Thank you so much for this helpful advice.  I was so relieved to see when I joined this community today that many other people have been having the same spooky, annoying, weird issues with Zoom video since the latest "upgrade"...  I have now uninstalled and reinstalled, and we will see what happens next time I am on a call!  Very grateful for this community of users, experts and collaborators! 

CHM2023
Listener

We tried this suggestion and so far everything looks good. We are doing a test this evening so will let you know if there's still a problem

WW_175blue
Listener

I followed the email instructions and so far its working fine, no wavering images    i did two meetings after the download.    

GaryHarris
Listener

I am having the same problem of my own image flashing and showing other people's images during meetings. My short term solution was just to turn off video. It soundsn like CHM2023's solutions would work for me, but I have already sent links to upcoming meetings. Removing and re-installing zoom on my computer would, therefore, be problematic. Is there a solution which doesn't require rescheduling meetings from scratch with two volunteer organizations? If not, staying with my photo image seems the less bad option.

We were in same position but it didn't affect the meetings we had scheduled as you just sign in after you reinstall and your meetings are still all there. We just had a meeting and no problems at all with flashing images very glad to say

Yes. I re-installed and set up a test meeting, sending the link to my wife. My handsome visage no longer flickers in and out. My scheduled meetings and all settings are still intact. Many thanks to this community.