cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

feedback loop detected

nutrojoan
Listener

what does the pop-up box "feedback loop dectected,"  indicating interference in the call, mean?   mic and speaker gets muted unless you click on "no."  how do i prevent this from happening?

5 REPLIES 5

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @nutrojoan, I'm not aware of the 'feedback loop detected' error prompt. Can you share a screenshot of the error you receive? If you're experiencing feedback you can look into Managing audio echo in a meeting KB article.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @nutrojoan 

I am not aware of this error message, specifically, either.  This may be connected to your sound driver, rather than Zoom itself.

However - by far the best way to avoid echo and feedback is to wear headphones, and to use a close-proximity microphone (or a headset with both).

If your other Meeting participants also do the same, your overall Meeting audio will only get better and better.

Hope this helps.

Rupert

Sroy
Listener

Hello I am experiencing this issue also. Headphone cannot be used because I have one student presenting on Zoom while some students listen in the room and others listen though Zoom.  I have attached a screen shot. Please help :)!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Sroy @nutrojoan can you try to Select “Off - Windows Raw” in your Zoom settings -> audio -> advanced -> Signal processing by Windows audio device drivers

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4412653966093-Managing-advanced-audio-settings

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

sarahqj
Listener

Please see attached screenshot.