cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 1142 from Philippine

pkim08
Listener

I am the host living in Korea and I gave my link and ID.pw to my student in Philippine. 

She couldn't get in with the link I sent her because of the error 1142. 

I checked my setting and I hadn't made a change since I got a pro Zoom. 

Weird thing is that I tried with my other ID, which is just a free Zoom ID, and my student was able to get into the meeting.

So there must be something weird about my Pro Zoom ID, which I can't figure it out. I had updated to the latest Zoom and I even googled around to figure out the problem. 

And for the setting option, 

'Allow or block entry of users from specific countries ' was not even turned on and she wasn't able to get in.

So I enabled this option and made 'only allow users from the following regions: Philippine, India, South Korea.'

Funny thing is that my students from India can access to this meeting with no problem. 

So is there anything wrong with my account? Why is my student from Philippine not able to log into the meeting?

What is the problem here?  

1 REPLY 1

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @pkim08 , welcome to the Zoom Community and thank you for your contribution!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with error 1142. I know you may have done some of these troubleshooting steps already, but would you mind trying the following one more time if that is the case. I want to make sure we are on the same page before continuing.

(1) Check if Approve or block entry for users from specific countries/regions is disabled on both Admin and Personal settings:

• Admin settings: Go to Account Management > Account settings > Meeting tab > Approve or block entry for users from specific countries/regions is disabled.
  • Personal settings: Go to Settings > Meeting tab > Approve or block entry for users from specific countries/regions is disabled.

(2) Check if Approve or block entry for users from specific countries/regions is disabled on Meeting Settings:

• Go to Meetings tab > Upcoming tab >Hover your mouse pointer on the meeting title then click Edit > Scroll down to option and verify if Approve or block entry to users from specific regions/countries is unchecked (please see sample screenshot below)

CarlaA_0-1679344744019.png

If all settings are correct and the issue still persists, kindly uninstall and reinstall the Zoom app, reboot your device (very important), and then reinstall. This normally fixes 90% of app-related technical issues. Here's how you can uninstall and install the Zoom app:
- Uninstall: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362983-How-to-uninstall-Zoom
- Reinstall:  https://zoom.us/support/download

Keep me updated! 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?