cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 10004 -> uninstall/reinstall -> installation failed (ventura 13.0)

samwisethebrave
Listener

zoom not letting me reinstall after having uninstalled it due to error code 10004. what's going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

robsilve
Listener

Manual install didn't work either. I had to run the installer from within Zoom (Check for Updates... from the Zoom.us menu when Zoom is running) so it appeared in the list under Full Disk Access. Then went to System Settings, Privacy and Security, Full Disk Access, scrolled down to ZoomAutoUpdater, and turned this on (moved slider to the right). Then restart. Then the auto update process completed the next time I launched Zoom.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

RichM
Listener

Yes, me too... MacBook Pro macOS Ventura version 13.0...

Me too.  I get an error message instead of the latest Zoom on my MacBook Air. 

OK, I'm all OK now... Top left of desktop zoom.us>uninstall zoom and then reinstalled and on version 5.12.6

Same result for me on MacBook Pro and Mac mini.  Both have M1 chip. Ventura 16.0.1

robsilve
Listener

Manual install didn't work either. I had to run the installer from within Zoom (Check for Updates... from the Zoom.us menu when Zoom is running) so it appeared in the list under Full Disk Access. Then went to System Settings, Privacy and Security, Full Disk Access, scrolled down to ZoomAutoUpdater, and turned this on (moved slider to the right). Then restart. Then the auto update process completed the next time I launched Zoom.

It worked! Thanks!

Thx It worked!

Thank you very much! Everything's ok!

Hi @robsilve

I've been unable to reinstall Zoom - and need your help please!  Don't understand your info above or how to get started.

I have a macbook air - High Sierra.  I had the Zoom basic app but it fell off.  I just complete download 4 times and it says successfully completed but the app doesn't show up in my applications.  How do I get it reinstalled?

Thanks

shorlo
Listener

There is no way to install zoom in MacOS Ventura 13.0. When you are installing zoom, it get and error during the installation.

robsilve
Listener

I did not uninstall it like Zoom recommended. When I launched Zoom it attempted the update, which failed with the 10004 error. The next time I launched Zoom, it did not run the updater (it seemed like it alternates attempting to launch the updater or not). Maybe try copying the installed app from another computer if you have that option. Then follow my previous instructions.

unlimitedprofit
Listener

Unable to Install Error code: 10004 Mac 13.0 (22A380)

I didn't have to do anything but allow Full Disk Access for BOTH us.zoom and zoom.us.  After the successful update, I disallowed both.  Easy solution.  

Thanks, BobR.  I will try.

dbrayshaw
Listener

I have same problem. MacBook Pro14 M1

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone, devices running macOS 13 Ventura beta 5 or higher with Zoom desktop client versions 5.11.6 - 5.12.0 may encounter this error (10004) when updating the desktop client. To resolve the issue, visit the Download Center and manually install the newest version of the desktop client. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/5719888320269-Zoom-error-code-10004

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hello, it doesn't work.
I couldn't install the latest version of zoom client version5.12.9 (13190) on my macbook are M2.

Mac OS version is ventura 13.0.1 (22A400) .

Now I installed zoom client successfully after moving installation file to a folder which is not synced with OneDrive. 

However, now I can't sign-in this zoom client with Google authentication....

Hi there @TakuraSato, can you try linking your profile to Zoom? https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/202480323#h_01G1V89S8C76WDTBBWBN8VAJ5K

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Thanks, Carla.
I have already linked. So I can sign-in Zoom on web via Google SSO.

However, I have not signed-in Zoom scheduler on Chrome browser.
After sing-in on Zoom scheduler, I can sing-in Zoom application via Google SSO.

Hi Carla, 

I'm having the same issue - I've linked my account via Google, turned on full disk access, and tried all of the links suggested on this page. I've installed multiple times & gotten an "Installation Successful" message, then when I try to run a test meeting, I get a pop up that says installation failed (see photos below). Please advise!

Hi @Laurenjessany , lets try this instead 🙂

Follow the instructions below step by step (assuming you are on a Mac).

1. Launch Finder
  2. Go to the Applications folder
  3. Look for the zoom application, right-click on it, then left-click on Show Package Contents
  4. Go to Contents > Frameworks, then double-click on the ZoomUninstaller application
  5. Reboot the device (important!!)
  6. Download and install the latest version of the Zoom desktop client at 

7. Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab and check and confirm the zoom application has the necessary access. You can check the following support article for additional information regarding what access is needed:
    Granting macOS permissions for the Zoom client
  8. Launch the Zoom desktop client, and sign in using the desired user's email address.

Let me know if that helps!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

This worked - thank you so much for the step by step!

Glad it helped!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team