cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disabling login alerts

3Helena3
Listener

How do I disable login alerts when activity is detected on a new browser, location or device?

This is very inconvenient when our trainers change locations and cannot access the zoom because they do not own the associated email accounts.

3 REPLIES 3

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

The only way that I'm aware of is to contact Zoom Support directly and request that they turn this feature off.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

DerekS
Listener

I had a similar problem, so I've sent a message to Zoom support to get OTP (their name for 2-factor) canceled and they are deciding whether to allow it or not. It took a bit of to-and-fro but the help desk said it's the only way to get rid of the problem.

Good luck

S_K
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi 3Helena3DerekS, and ZoomTestKitchen,

Have you enabled 2FA so users can receive a code on their own mobile devices? With 2FA, users won't need the OTP sent to the owner email address. See the two Zoom Support articles below for more information. 

Security is top priority at Zoom. What seems like a nuisance can prevent much larger headaches down the road. I also recommend this Zoom Blog post : How Zoom Works to Protect Your Account

Visit Zoom Support Center or Zoom Learning Center to find loads of helpful information!

If my reply helped guide you in the right direction, please click the Accept as Solution button. This helps others with the same question.