cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disable an old meeting link

tlamprey
Listener

How can I disable a past meeting link? Some kids crashed my last meeting a few days ago, and I removed them from my meeting. Last night I got an email that another one joined my meeting from 2 days prior.  I tried the link this morning and it still seems to be active. I don't want kids using my account. How can I disable the past meeting link? I do not have access to that meeting in my settings in order to go back and change the settings.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dan_ZoomSE
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @tlamprey ,

By default a meeting link stays valid for 30 days from last use...  to inactivate a meeting ID you would need to go into your meeting list and delete the meeting.

However, it because you people jumping into your Meeting ID's it sounds like you do not have any security settings configured for your meetings...  Please make sure that you have a meeting Passcode and/or the Waiting Room enabled for your meetings.  This will help prevent unwanted access to your meetings.  Please note that if this was your PMI, the security settings for PMI's are set in a different place than your regular meeting settings.

Feel free to reply back if you need more guidance on setting up passcodes and waiting rooms.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Dan_ZoomSE

Hello @tlamprey ,

By default a meeting link stays valid for 30 days from last use...  to inactivate a meeting ID you would need to go into your meeting list and delete the meeting.

However, it because you people jumping into your Meeting ID's it sounds like you do not have any security settings configured for your meetings...  Please make sure that you have a meeting Passcode and/or the Waiting Room enabled for your meetings.  This will help prevent unwanted access to your meetings.  Please note that if this was your PMI, the security settings for PMI's are set in a different place than your regular meeting settings.

Feel free to reply back if you need more guidance on setting up passcodes and waiting rooms.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

Hello, is there any quick way to cancel all previous links? I know that some peole are still using my quite old link for private chats... This meeting does not exists in my meetings shedule for some time.

Dan_ZoomSE

@EwaK,

You best option would be one of the options below:

1) Enabled waiting room for your account.   This will force waiting room for all meetings associated to you, old and new, and thereby prevent entry to the older meetings

or 

2) Enable Meeting Passcode and check the box for "require passcode for meetings that have already been scheduled."  This will also prevent entry to past meetings and will allow those old ones to age out and expire.  Note that this method can cause a little friction if you have some upcoming meetings or recurring meetings that you already sent invites to as the current invite would not have the meeting passcode.

Thanks!

I'm coming across the same problem; I can't delete my old meeting links and people are clicking on the old link and entering the Zoom meeting that isn't even scheduled. With the previous Zoom version, there was a very simple delete meeting button, but with the "updated" version, the delete meeting button is gone. I went to my meeting list, but there is no delete button.

Dan_ZoomSE

If you hover over the meeting in your meetings list you should see options to start, edit, or delete.