cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difficulty for some attendees to get on

Evyn
Listener

Hello, we recently held a zoom conference with 35 people who attended, but 7 could not get on. One received this comment: "The host requires authentication on the commercial Zoom platform to join this meeting. Please log in with a commercial Zoom account to join."  what does this mean, and what did I do wrong?

10 REPLIES 10

AelyxShephard
Listener

I also am having this issue - I try to sign onto the Zoom meeting for my class for college and I get the same message... 

Well I have Zoom and I have the Software version of it and the Website Version of it... but what is this Commercial Version of it I need to participate in my online courses!?

If anyone answers you, or you figure out an answer, please reach out to *********** and hook up an answer pretty please.

EK3
Listener

I am experiencing this issue as well...was not able to get into an educational forum as a result

I have the same issue with one guest I invited to my zoom meeting.  Did you find a solution.

Raven47
Listener

I have the same issue with one guest I invited to my zoom meeting.  Did anyone find a solution?

Raven47
Listener

I have the same issue with one guest I invited to my zoom meeting.  Did you find a solution?

Cheungtw
Listener

I held a webinar today and had the same issue, anyone figured that out yet ?

Burton
Listener

We are having this same issue on an ongoing basis.

Lgaff
Listener

Hi Evyn, I am having the same problem with some of the attendees to a meeting receiving the same message, while others have no issues accessing the meeting via the link. Has anyone managed to resolve this issue yet? Very frustrating...

Lgaff
Listener

Hi all, some progress with this issue. It turns out that the attendees that could not join the meeting using the link had not logged in and updated their Zoom account in a while. Once they did this they were able to join using the link as usual. 

I hope this helps.

WW23
Listener

Was this issue ever resolved, Evyn?