cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dance class music

Duckyshin
Listener

Hi,

I teach dance classes on zoom and have a separate speaker for the music, however, the music sound keeps cutting out for the participants. It used to work fine but has been awful for months now. I've tried adjusting the settings with no luck, and tried not speaking while the music is on but nothing is working...at a loss to work out what to do.Thanks in advnace for any help?

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @Duckyshin,

Are you on Windows? If do, did you recently upgrade upgrade to Windows 11?  We’ve seen a lot of people running into this problem recently due to the way Windows 11 handles microphones in a special “array “ configuration. If that applies to you, let me know and I’ll bring in some references to other posts. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

I am an online fitness instructor and have this issue. Just got a new computer with Windows 11. Had to cancel my classes today because they cannot hear the sound. Has there been a solution?

johnblaustein
Listener

Ray,

I had to return a Dell Windows 11 laptop because of sound problems. Perhaps you could read my post and offer your suggestions. My wife needs a new laptop for Zoom, but I hesitate to buy another one with Windows 11 because the same problem may occur. 

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Dell-Inspiron-16-sound-not-working-properly-in-meeting/td-p/6...

Thank you. 

John

John