cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom disclaimer

zoom01
Listener

Hi everyone, just a question, the toggle to enable custom disclaimer is grayed out. How can I make it enable?

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @zoom01 

This article has more information about how to set up a custom disclaimer: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360051221831-Creating-a-Zoom-custom-disclaimer

If your option to to enable is greyed out, its likely set at the Account or Group level by an admin and cannot be changed without their permission. 

CoachBill
Listener

I think I figured this one out. I went to Admin>Advanced>Security and scrolled to the bottom to enable and set the disclaimer. This seems to be the only way to add, delete, or modify a disclaimer. I'd love to learn more if someone knows more.

I am the only person on my Zoom account. I am the admin.  However, when I try to access settings for my disclaimer (which I set up a few months ago) I no longer have access. I get a message saying, "Only IT admin can make changes to this setting."

I assume there is an admin setting somewhere that must be changed?

Bumping this up. 

Has anyone figured out how to make yourself (the owner of the account/admin) an IT role to be able to disable this feature? 

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @JScott1.

Don’t read too much into the IT acronym. If you’re an Admin on the account, go to Admin -> Account Management ->Account Settings and scroll down. You should see this:

Ray_Harwood_0-1680230605003.jpeg

The presence of the lock button (red circle) means you’re in the right place. Click the switch (if off/grey) to turn it (blue). Configure the settings there. 

Then you can go to your personal settings and turn it on or off – unless you click the Lock button on, which means the setting will apply to all users on the account. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Thank you!!!! 

Ray_Harwood

Hey, @CoachBill  I was researching your question and was about to point out the same Zoom Support article @Bort did,  but looks like you found it already. Yes, it’s an Admin option. I got to wondering why the switch is present on the Personal settings menu, and I think it’s to alert the observant user that there will be a disclaimer on their meeting. It’s ON if there is a disclaimer set by the admin, and OFF if there isn’t one … but either way, its greyed out a bit and not changeable for the user, and has this special note:

Ray_Harwood_0-1671425836923.jpeg

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !