cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copying zoom recording to flash drive so I can delete from zoom cloud

murielh
Listener

How do I transfer the zoom recording on my computer or in zoom cloud to an external flashdrive?

2 REPLIES 2

ZoomerIT
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @murielh ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Community! If the recording is saved in the Zoom cloud, you can download it to your computer by following these steps:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.

2. Click on the "Recordings" tab.

3. Click the "..." on the right hand side of the recording you want, then select download.

ZoomerIT_0-1673286608268.png

4. Save your recordings to a specific place with a specific name on your computer (default will usually go to the downloads folder)

Once the recordings are downloaded to your device, you can follow the steps below to copy them from the folder you saved them in, to your external flash drive.

1. Connect your external flash drive to your computer using a USB cable.

2. Open the folder where your Zoom recording is saved on your computer. This is the folder where you saved your recordings in the previous steps.

3. Select the recording(s) you would like to move.

4. Open the external flash drive folder.

5. Now you can either drag those files directly into the Flash Drive Folder, or you can do a copy/paste to move those recordings over.

This will copy the Zoom recording from your computer to the external flash drive. You can then safely remove the flash drive from your computer and take it with you.

I hope this information helps! 

Thanks!

CindyLPENS
Listener

Does this save as the same recording name or another name?  How would I save the same as the session recording name?