cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert recording after zoom app aborted

GvK_mc
Listener

We had a meeting in progress with local recording when the zoom app (on MacOS) of the host froze and aborted. The computer restarted. However, the meeting continued and the host was able to re-enter the meeting.

Now we have a double_click_to_convert_01.zoom file on the computer, but are unable to convert it to video. The suggestion Transcode.app does not work: the transcode app does not seem to start, not with double clicking, not with open with, and even not when started manually. 

How can we recuperate the video?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In the end, we managed to convert the files by starting a complete new session, recording that session, pausing the recording, and (while in pause) swapping the two files of that (new) session with (a copy of) the files we had problems with. Note that these work files conveniently bear the same file name (double_click_to_convert_01.zoom and double_click_to_convert_02.zoom).

Without changing the pause status (so as to be sure the files ar not written to), ending the zoom session triggers conversion of the files. Marvellous. Hope it helps for you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

StPaulWilson
Listener

I had the same thing happen to me. I see they have not responded to you yet. I hope they are able to provide you with solution. I wonder if there is any other way to convert the zoom file.

In the end, we managed to convert the files by starting a complete new session, recording that session, pausing the recording, and (while in pause) swapping the two files of that (new) session with (a copy of) the files we had problems with. Note that these work files conveniently bear the same file name (double_click_to_convert_01.zoom and double_click_to_convert_02.zoom).

Without changing the pause status (so as to be sure the files ar not written to), ending the zoom session triggers conversion of the files. Marvellous. Hope it helps for you.

Hello, yesterday accidentally I started a conversion while the meeting was still in progress ad double click on "double_click_to_convert_01.zoom" file does not works. I follow your instructions and I managed to convert the registration. It has very helped. Thank you very much!