cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confusion over July 15, 2022 change

alandrub
Listener

I have a paid pro account and use it for weekly two-hour meetings of a group of friends. As far as I know, they have only zoom basic accounts.
in the past when I have had to miss a meeting, I have asked one of the more frequent attendees to start the meeting in my absence and claim the host privilege by using my host key.
I understand from the announcement that when a basic user creates a meeting of more than two people, there is a duration limit of 40 minutes.
It is not clear if this applies only to their own meetings, or if it also applies to meetings of a licensed that they initiate.
On one hand it would seem that any of the meetings that I create can run longer than 40 minutes, so does that limit change if a basic user starts the meeting, or is it still an unlimited duration meeting because it belongs to a licensed user.

I'd be grateful for any comments anyone may have on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @alandrub 

The meeting duration is determined by the original owner/host of the meeting. Even though you are allowing a basic user to occasionally take your host controls when you are not available, the meeting still belongs to your Pro account and thus will not be affected by the 40-minute limit. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Bort

Hi @alandrub 

The meeting duration is determined by the original owner/host of the meeting. Even though you are allowing a basic user to occasionally take your host controls when you are not available, the meeting still belongs to your Pro account and thus will not be affected by the 40-minute limit. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks. That's what I thought, but I find that Zoom  communications sometimes vague on such details.