cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

co host can't control breakout room

1pelatihan
Listener

hi anyone could help?

my account had a problem. the co-host cabn't control the breakout room. the icon doesn't appear in the window. any suggestion why this happend???

5 REPLIES 5

RonniG
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

@1pelatihan 

Can you confirm that your co-host is on client version 5.2 or higher? If not, they will not be able to utilize breakout rooms.

Here is more information: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206476313-Managing-Breakout-Rooms

Thank you!

Jaziel
Listener

I too am having this problem.  My co-hosts used to be able to make and control assignments to breakout rooms,  however now the Breakout Rooms button doesn't show up for co-hosts.  If I make the participant the host then the Breakout Rooms button shows up, but it does not show up for co-hosts.

+ Exactly the same problem today. The host and one co-host can manage breakout rooms but the second co-host cannot. However, when we assign him the "host" label, he's able  to manage and move participants in the breakout rooms, and the original host has this ability taken away.

Any solutions, Zoom?

daisydeb
Listener

Would love to know the solution to this problem, as I have this problem, too.
We work with one host and two co-hosts. I'm the owner of the Zoom account, so I need to assign the host and he makes me co-host. But then I can't see the break-out rooms button anymore. We need to be able to all manage the break-out rooms, host  + 2 co-hosts. Is the break-out room feature limited to only one co-host, next to the host?

Gymball
Listener

Has there been any progress on this? It's now mid 2023 and several of us have the same problem. We have the latest version  of Zoom - perhaps that's the problem?