cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing the DEFAULT name

hilarygreene
Listener

When I got a new phone and Zoomed into a meeting, I put in my name for the first time, didn't notice I misspelled it  and when it said would you like this to be your default name I said yes...so now every single time i log in the misspelled name shows up. If I don't notice it, then it sits there looking quite weird. It has zz in front of it because that is the code for not being called on in that specific meeting so obviously I don't want zz-hilaru showing up every time I log in to all the other meetings. It's supposed to be hilary, not hilaru.

I don't seem to be able to change this DEFAULT name...

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @hilarygreene,

Log into your account on Zoom.us. Stay on your profile and click the Edit button:

Ray_Harwood_0-1663802698997.jpeg

Once the editing option is enabled, look for the Display Name field. Change that, click Save, you’re done!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Here is another option that might work for you: \

1. Open the Zoom mobile app. 
  2. Tap the Join button. 
  3. Adjust your name there. 
  4. Join a meeting (any meeting, even your PMI...you just need to finish the join process). 
    With that done, you can leave the meeting and it should have saved your name as the new default. 
    Start or join a meeting again to confirm the changes are saved. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.