cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change me to my name in chat

lindacarlson12
Listener

My name appears correctly under my video in Zoom, but it doesn't show up in chat. The chat tag is Me. Can I change it?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

anissat
Community Champion | Customer

Hi Linda! This is a little misleading for a lot of folks 😉 
The other attendees actually see your name as you entered it; YOU see "Me" in Chat so that it's easier to pick out your own name when scrolling through the conversation. (In other words, every attendee sees "Me" when viewing their own messages in the Chat panel.)

You don't need to change anything - you're all good!

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

anissat

Hi Linda! This is a little misleading for a lot of folks 😉 
The other attendees actually see your name as you entered it; YOU see "Me" in Chat so that it's easier to pick out your own name when scrolling through the conversation. (In other words, every attendee sees "Me" when viewing their own messages in the Chat panel.)

You don't need to change anything - you're all good!

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat

Thanks for the clarification.

Unfortunately, this is not always the case.  When I add to Chat, the response is always WHO IS ME?

Interestingly, Zoom does not provide a mechanism for their clients to remain anonymous in the chat. Regardless of how my Zoom account is configured, I see "me" but others see my entire name. It is the presenters who have control over how our names are shown in the chat.