cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't open a local recording -- please help

sherman549
Listener

Can't open a Zoom file and can't convert it -- it says to give access in System Preferences on my Mac, but Zoom already has full access. What should I do?

8 REPLIES 8

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@sherman549 , please see the following link that details all the how to's on giving all types of permissions into Zoom client i.e camera, Mic, screen recording, files and etc..

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the -Accept as Solution- button below.

Cheers!

I think you forgot the link

IP-Man

Zoom had access to everything -- the error message keeps saying it doesn't when I double-click on the file that says, "double-click to convert," but in fact Zoom does have access. I even tried removing Zoom from access and then adding it back in, that didn't work

IP-Man

Is this happening on all the recorded session you have had or just started recently? Have you dried upgrading your Zoom client into the latest version?

Cheers!

Yes, same problem when I just tried to record a one-minute meeting with a friend. A year ago, there was no problem.

IP-Man

Ok since initial troubleshooting was done and still having same issue I would suggest that you log a problem with Zoom Support at
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new

Cheers!

Leonardlee
Listener

Not sure if this helps. I did the following on my mac and it converts the video to mp4.

1. Locate Transcode.app by going to Finder, 'Go', 'Go to Folder' and type in /Applications/zoom.us.app/Contents/Frameworks/.

2. Copy Transcode.app to /Applications folder (make a copy by dragging holding 'option' key.

3. Add Transcode.app to allow full disk access on 'Security & Privacy'.

Once this is added, videos on local recording will be converted to mp4.