cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't find cloud recording

IanW
Listener

The Zoom update crashed my laptop on starting to record an interview. I got the other party to send me a fresh invite, and accepted on my iPad. They made me host and I selected cloud recording. No sign of the recording on the Zoom website, or the iPad. Did Zoom lose my interview?

5 REPLIES 5

Shaimaa
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hi IanW

Cloud recording is automatically enabled for all paid subscribers. When you record a meeting and choose Record to the Cloud, the video, audio, and chat text is recorded in the Zoom cloud. The recording files can be downloaded to a computer or streamed from a browser.

Cloud recordings can be started on the desktop clients, as well as the Zoom app on iOS and Android. 

Cloud recordings generally take about 2 times the duration recorded to process, but occasionally may take up to 24 hours due to higher processing loads at that time.

I would recommend creating a ticket with our support team to go investigate more and they could restore it for you as well.

Please like any post that helped you; please mark solutions so others can find them!

IanW
Listener

Thank you Shaimaa! Its confusing because I'm on the free tier, so I didn't expect to have a cloud recording button on iOS Zoom. Could the recording appear in my co-host's account instead, or in both our accounts? Do I need to wait 24 hours for the 30 minute recording to be processed before I raise the ticket?

Shaimaa

Actually, Cloud recording is only for paid accounts, you might have the authority but we can't assume without checking the meeting id, but we can go dig in more if you open a ticket with our support team.

Please like any post that helped you; please mark solutions so others can find them!

I haven't heard anything back from the support ticket in 24 hours, and there's no sign of the recording in my account.  I've informed my interviewee that the recording may be lost.

IanW
Listener

I have opened the ticket with the meeting link, thank you Shaimaa.