cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

camera failed during meeting - need help understanding Windows Event Viewer

JamesBlake
Listener

Hello

During one recent Zoom meeting I was hosting, my camera failed half way through.  Attendees reported that my picture froze and then, when I tried turning my camera off and on again, no picture appeared.  I could see attendees throughout.

I'm using Windows 11.  I've pasted what I assume to be the relevant entry from the Windows Event Viewer below.  Can anyone see any info here that could help me understand what happened and whether it's likely to happen again?  Many thanks, James

ProcessId 7936
ProcessNameLength 69
ProcessName \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Users\james\AppData\Roaming\Zoom\bin\Zoom.exe
DeviceInstanceLength 45
DeviceInstance USB\VID_04F2&PID_B773&MI_00\7&3789b5db&0&0000
CommandLineLength 84
CommandLine "C:\Users\james\AppData\Roaming\Zoom\bin\Zoom.exe" --action=join --runaszvideo=TRUE
VetoingDevicesLength 47
VetoingDevices USB\VID_04F2&PID_B773&MI_00\7&3789b5db&0&0000

4 REPLIES 4

lakakhan
Listener

To help understand the Windows event log regarding a camera error during a meeting, follow these steps:

Open Windows "Event Manager": Press "Windows + X" and select "Event Manager".
Select "Applications" or "System" in the "Event Viewers" list on the left to search for camera-related errors.
Look for events with dates and times that match the meeting and a message indicating a camera error.
Click on the event and read its description for more information about the error.
If there is an associated error code, search online for information about that error code to learn more about the cause and possible solutions.
Repeat these steps for any other relevant events.
Note: Error messages in the event log can be technical and it may be helpful to search online for information about the specific error message for more information.

Listener

hi

fcdtg7scgayuvgyugyuvgqufgetwrbyfstyre6t6r7t47t6487tyt7g436g4h05y478ty4yt784ty478r7gh4t24t27h47ghyhfyh xbkjxuchegfhrop23ikxejdcdmsnebgkdlfjhuvdngogeijfhdkfjetuugdkjbwjkfjdhl;jsilaeu hsefdfjgvsagjfkcvashfbqrjhghbsrhgbtrjhrilrgelgeqrgg

JamesBlake
Listener

Hi all, can anyone offer any insight into this error message?  Still trying to work out if it was a problem with Zoom, camera hardware, camera driver or Windows.