cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

breakout rooms - sessions could not be started

edelklaus
Listener

This evening I had a meeting with 190 participants. We wanted to let them discuss in small groups, so I created 48 rooms and assigned the participants manually. When this was done, I pressed the button "Start sessions" - and: nothing happened. I even could not save the settings (which is I really nice and new feature). This gave me a very general error message and the code IIRC -1.

Then I reset the breakout rooms and started the sessions when few rooms where filled. I continued to assign the participants manually but when I had assigned about 145 participants, no mor could be assigned.

Our plan is business and my  account has a limit of 300 participants.
As I've understood reading "Managing breakout rooms" (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206476313) I should have be able to assign all my 190 participants to the 48 rooms.
Do I miss anything? Why I could not get the rooms-sessions be started?

1 REPLY 1

PaulaZ
Listener

Hi Edleklaus,

I don't have an answer but had a similar problem. This has happened twice but with much smaller numbers than what you're working with. I pre-assigned breakout sessions for 16 people and when I pushed the Start Sessions button only about 3 of the 16 people were assigned. This is both frustrating and embarrassing. If I learn anything helpful, I'll let you know. Please do the same. 

Best regards, 

Paula