Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blurred background

GutGemacht
Listener

фон.png

 Hi!

I have the last Zoom desktop client. But there is no blurred background. And I am sure that blurred backgroubd is supported by my computer. Please help how can I fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

I see it now, unfortunately the lowest Processor that supports  Blur background for Zoom is Intel i3. From the looks of it, your laptop has Pentium processor which is a processor that does not  meet the Technical requirements in using Blur Background.

Another thing to note is, Skype Blur has different Technical Requirement on using Blur versus Zoom so we cannot compare the two.

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

Vinay012
Listener

It's look like your computer doesn't support the blur background .
Can you sent me your computer details .

In Skype Blur works

IP-Man

@GutGemacht , there might be a corruption on the Zoom version that you have in your laptop. Please do a clean uninstallation of the app and then reinstall and try if you are still having same issue.

If you have a Mac -  try uninstalling Zoom by using their uninstall file instead of putting the Application in the trash.

You can do this by going to Applications -> right clicking on zoom.us -> Show package contents -> open Contents -> open Frameworks -> use the ZoomUninstaller file.

After this, try to reinstall Zoom again.

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

Sorry, it did not help ((

I did a clean uninstallation of the app on my PC and then reinstall
 I'm on a PC with Windows 10.  

No Blur... 

I am sure my PC can support Blur cuz I can use it in Skype

IP-Man

Below is the System Requirements in order for you to be able to use Blur Virtual Background.

Image only without a green screen

• Zoom desktop client, version 5.2.0 or higher
  • Windows 7, 8, and 10 (64-bit)
  • Supported processors 
    • Intel i3 
      • 2 cores or higher
      • 5th generation or higher
    • Intel i5
      • 2 cores or higher
      • 3rd generation or higher
    • Intel i7
      • 2 cores or higher
    • Intel i9 
      • 2 cores or higher
    • AMD
      • 8 logical cores
      • 3.0Ghz or higher

Would you know if your laptop meets the requirement above?

Cheers!

I have 2 cores ,  Windows 10 (64-bit), 3.7Ghz

version 5.10.0 

IP-Man

Could you please send screenshot of your laptops System Properties?

Cheers!

I attached it in the previous message 

IP-Man

Can't seem to open it, is it possible to paste it here as an screenshot instead of dropping as a file?

Cheers!

GutGemacht
Listener

IP-Man

I see it now, unfortunately the lowest Processor that supports  Blur background for Zoom is Intel i3. From the looks of it, your laptop has Pentium processor which is a processor that does not  meet the Technical requirements in using Blur Background.

Another thing to note is, Skype Blur has different Technical Requirement on using Blur versus Zoom so we cannot compare the two.

Cheers!

Oddly enough, with my 2022 MacBook Air with the M2 chip all updated, I have a slightly blurred background, which I cannot remove. I have (none) on my preferences, and my internet speed checks in strongly, and my lighting is good... still have blurred background, not as blurry as when the "blur" is actually on, but blurred nonetheless. Any Help?

GutGemacht
Listener

Thank you so much!

smc45
Listener

I have a MacBook Air and recently the background on Zoom went fuzzy and out of focus. It is not the blur option. My face is very clear, but the background isn't. I have tried to uninstall Zoom and reinstall but it doesn't fix it. How do I un-register from Zoom completely.

CarolSchott
Listener

I just experienced the same thing. The surrounding area was all a blur. Blur is turned off. 

Vinay012
Listener

It because of your camera is focus on you that's why your surrounding have become blur.

FlyDun
Listener
The ability to use background blur and background removal depends on your computer's processor. Please check it here: Zoom Virtual Background system requirements. You can use a green screen to accomplish this. Additionally, for the cleanest results, use a solid color in the background.

Need stunning Zoom backgrounds? Show off your personality and interests during Zoom meetings. FineShare allows you to create unique, fun, and creative backgrounds in seconds—powered 100% by AI. You can find it here: Zoom Background.

ylanders
Listener

Im having the same issue and have intel 1.3. I want the bkurred background but its not an option and same as your picture above. Whats really weird is whether I use the bridge or grass my home background is super imposed over the grass. Can anyone help with this?

Patdillard1
Listener

I had the same problem on my new computer.  No option for blur was there. I was using microsoft.  When I switched to Google Chrome, the blur option appeared.  It worked for me, give it a try.