cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blurred FOREGROUND—how can I fix this?

faustus
Listener

A couple days ago, all of a sudden, my FOREGROUND started blurring. The background is completely crisp. It's just me. Now I show up in meetings with my face completely blurred. It's a problem. 

I've checked that Zoom is up to date. I've checked that the filter is set to "none." I've checked that the camera lens is clean. I'm on a Mac running Monterey 12.1.

I've attached a photo of what this looks like.

Any ideas about how I can fix this?

9 REPLIES 9

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @faustus if you open up like photo booth and set to see if the 'blurriness' is still there? If it is, maybe your camera. If not, try uninstalling Zoom and reinstalling. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I am struggling with my zoom camera is blurring my face along with my background.  I have restarted, updated, and checked my advance video settings with no fix.  

Please help. 

Atelierele_CNV
Listener

I have something even worse. My face is like a spot on the screen. Like blurred background efect is reversed.

Zoom app is updated too.

And it happens at random moments.

If I turn off and on my video I get a good image for some time. 

Hey @Atelierele_CNV do you mind checking your Zoom client settings to double-check whether the following settings are either enabled or disabled? 

Zoom Client Settings > Video > Advanced 

Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 11.32.29 AM.png

If any are selected, do you mind sharing what settings are enabled? If any of the following were enabled, suggest disabling as some of these settings count on hardware acceleration which dependent on your systems specs and could affect how your Zoom client is running. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Atelierele_CNV
Listener

Hi @RN . Indeed I have enabled all options you mention here. I'll disable all of them to see what happens. Please note that this happened only since few weeks ago.

Here you have a screenshot with my settings.

I'll let you know the results.

@Atelierele_CNV thanks - and noted! Try disabling de-noise, noticed some users have experienced video complications with this enabled. If that doesn't help attempt to disable all hardware acceleration for video send, receive, and processing. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

I am using Windows 10 OS, and while I am currently in a meeting I am trying to change the advanced settings and disable Denoise.  After disabling it, my face is still blurred.  Does it only work when you get out of the meeting and re-join it?  This has been going on for several months and I thought it was a laptop issue or OS but it seems it's not.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @blue71 to confirm the current experience you're having. is the Blurred Background Feature also blurring your face when you use it? Keep in mind that the blurred background feature is considered an Image only without a green screen.

The effectiveness of how well your device works without a green screen for a virtual background is dependent on a few factors such as your camera, camera placement, lighting, and processings of your hardware; thus, the virtual background without a green screen can recognize you within the camera frame and "virtually" place that selected background around you.

Having said that, you can try using the virtual background feature without a green screen with another camera to see if you have better luck, or you can uninstall Zoom, reinstall Zoom, and re-test.

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

So it's not the OS or zoom.  My last resort is to replace my laptop. Now blur or any other option is working!