cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

audio problems

Wa2png
Listener

Is there some listing of compatible sound cards for zoom? I am troubleshooting a problem with an ASI 5720 sound card that has problems only with zoom, but works perfectly with every other piece of software on the PC. An HP, win10.

Zoom received audio sounds fine but outgoing audio sounds bad, even though it doesn't sound bad at all on other software on the machine at the same time. Recording on adobe audition sounds fine but far end audio on zoom is broken up.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Wa2png 

Also, on Windows, in Zoom, you can try the different Signal Processing methods - in Zoom > Settings > Audio > Advanced Button > Signal Processing. 

You can try Raw, Default, or Auto.

Rupert_0-1634167618056.png

Do make sure you are using Original Audio and Stereo Audio and High Fidelity music mode though, like @Jonathan_H says.

Make sure to enable these features in Settings and THEN enable Original Audio in your Meeting (top left).

If you are using a Multi-Channel Professional Audio Interface, and you are sending in audio beyond the first two channels, also be aware that Zoom can sometimes sum all channels together - which may not always produce expected results! But that is an edge case.

I'd also suggest ensuring you are on the 64-but version of Zoom, to the latest version:

https://zoom.us/client/5.8.1.1435/ZoomInstaller.exe?archType=x64

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Jonathan_H
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Curious, what kind of microphone is it?
Have you tried toggling the audio settings for "Music & Professional Audio"? 

Wa2png
Listener

Using a pro sound card fed from a broadcast console. I was unaware of the "Music and Professional audio"! Where is it?

I don't see any check box for high quality music mode. Just ;

suppress persistant background noise

suppress intermittant background nois

echo cancellation

I have tried toggling all these options and made no difference.

Jonathan_H
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

@Wa2png  - check out Ruperts post below. To my knowledge your description seems to be an older layout of where this option is.  
Make sure you're updated on the latest version, whether it's Windows or Mac. If you're using a managed computer, Windows or Mac you'll need to get administrative rights to upgrade the client. For self updating, try going to the zoom's file menu and "check for updates". 

Rupert

@Wa2png - I think @Jonathan_H is right - what you are describing sounds like an older version. Try updating.

What you need to see is this (and set the same options):

Rupert_0-1634226398594.png

Then when you are in a Meeting, you will want to turn Original Audio ON - in the top-left of your Meeting:

Rupert_1-1634226447515.png

Ok, it was an older version. I uninstalled it and grabbed the newest version but unfortunately it didn't change the noise. I tried the various settings but no good.

Jonathan_H
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

@Wa2png  -  That's strange. @Rupert did mention an edge case about channel summing, but I'm not familiar enough with these set-ups to validate that. 

Just to rule out any other issues and hone in specific to this Sound Card and Mic set up, does this poor audio occur when not using these peripherals  (using onboard mic/sound card)?

Rupert

Hi @Wa2png 

Also, on Windows, in Zoom, you can try the different Signal Processing methods - in Zoom > Settings > Audio > Advanced Button > Signal Processing. 

You can try Raw, Default, or Auto.

Rupert_0-1634167618056.png

Do make sure you are using Original Audio and Stereo Audio and High Fidelity music mode though, like @Jonathan_H says.

Make sure to enable these features in Settings and THEN enable Original Audio in your Meeting (top left).

If you are using a Multi-Channel Professional Audio Interface, and you are sending in audio beyond the first two channels, also be aware that Zoom can sometimes sum all channels together - which may not always produce expected results! But that is an edge case.

I'd also suggest ensuring you are on the 64-but version of Zoom, to the latest version:

https://zoom.us/client/5.8.1.1435/ZoomInstaller.exe?archType=x64

Jonathan_H
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Great points @Rupert, thanks for sharing!